SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Disco still sucks.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disco still sucks. Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted
That is all.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I lost my heart to a starship trooper...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
I lost my heart to a starship trooper...

Oh you are evil

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Stayin' Alive.... Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I will survive.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
stupid drugs killed it ,
I enjoy it on a regular basis.

So, no relation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU_Jy-3WNRI

Patrick Hernandez
"Born"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaTktEf9h4A

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is all.

And ever will be.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
You need to watch Saturday Night Fever again. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Disco lives forerver!

Michael Jackson’s first album.
Donna Summer and Giorgio Moroder.
Earth Wind and Fire.
Kool and the Gang.

And about 100 or so various artists. It never sucked. Just stick to your air guitar I guess Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
You need to watch Saturday Night Fever again. Big Grin
ONE PORKCHOP! ONE!!

Here's some new disco.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, when I was a youngster in California, I used to listen to KFAT in Gilroy (the Garlic Capitol of the World!). This was a regular on their playlist:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Disco lives forerver!
Earth Wind and Fire.

You sir, owe EWF an apology Razz

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Disco lives forerver!

Michael Jackson’s first album.
Donna Summer and Giorgio Moroder.
Earth Wind and Fire.
Kool and the Gang.

And about 100 or so various artists. It never sucked. Just stick to your air guitar I guess Wink

(sigh) I wanna be sedated...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
People who can't appreciate and jam out to Staying Alive are fundamentally broken.

-Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
quote:
Disco lives forerver!
Earth Wind and Fire.

You sir, owe EWF an apology Razz

0-0

Nah. They made money off of disco. EWF, Kool and the Gang, Michael Jackson and many others were making disco or disco influenced music. They were making music that could be played on radio and at the discos. That was their intent making it, crossing over from the radio to the disco or vice versa.

Disco music was like any other genre. 80-90% shit and 10-20% beautiful music. I played house and techno music professionally for almost 25 years all across the US and a few foreign countries. House music came from Disco so I studied the genre ad nasueam for decades. There was some excellent disco but much of it was shit. But isn’t that the same for rock, country, R&B and any other genre ever invented?

EWF definitely made disco tracks. They were played at every disco the world over.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Remember when the Stones tried to do disco? Big Grin

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
... I played house and techno music professionally for almost 25 years all across the US and a few foreign countries. House music came from Disco so I studied the genre ad nasueam for decades. There was some excellent disco but much of it was shit. But isn’t that the same for rock, country, R&B and any other genre ever invented? ...
Tell us more. Who did you play with?

You're right, there was some great stuff from the disco era. Listen to "We are Family" by Sister Sledge. That bass line is KILLER! And that's no synth, that's an orchestra. There were so many amazing instrumentalists back then.

No matter how much of a metal head i am/was, I still think disco is fun.

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
EWF certainly milked the Disco cow, I agree. Good for them but kind of embarrassing for the original fans like me.
Also did the Bee Gees, and that was a shame. I love them up to Mr. Natural, then it became a disgrace.

All a matter of tastes.

As mark123 pointed out, everybody tried to get some cash out of the Disco era. Donna Summer is still a regular on our radios. Must say her first popular songs were simply excellent. Love to love you, baby!

I've always been a Disco hater mainly because I used to listen to tons of Soul music, R&B, etc and they mostly vanished from the airwaves when Disco flourished.

Did I despise groups like Boney M(erde) with passion Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post