SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your favorite rum?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite rum? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like Captain Morgan.

But, for a non spiced rum. Flor De Cana is excellent...…...then maybe Myers if I'm looking for a very strong rum taste.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caroni brings a lot of funk. It’s not for everybody.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
I do my level best to always have a bottle in the cabinet. The link shows $70+.....I get it for $54 without a coupon at ABC liquors.

RON CENTENARIO GRAN RESERVA 25 YEAR RUM

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I visited the Bahamas last year. Took a tour of the John Watling's Distillery.

Their Buena Vista Rum is fantastic. Neat, in a snifter.

Their regular amber rum is good too.

They had a high proof, 25 year old, but I couldn't justify $100.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great thread, I love Rum!

Zaya is my favorite and I can find it around $30/bottle. I also like Ron Pampero Anniversario.

I like spiced rum, but haven't tried a higher end one yet. I'll have to explore some of these choices other suggestions.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Kirk and Sweeney is really good.

Lost Spirits' "Navy Style" is high proof, worth a try.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
10 Cane

10 Cane was discontinued in 2015.

Shows how much I’m paying attention to rum. I’ve got a couple of unopened bottles of it. I do recall it fondly.

Back to beer....

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meyers was always my favorite, but the Appleton Estate Signature Blend is good also - I just tend to like the Jamaican rums

Posts: 168 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Matusalem rum for me. Its a Cuban recipe distilled in Puerto Rico.

Matuselem from Capt. Morgan who'd thunk it? Razz

BTW, I just picked up some but haven't tried it yet. Ran out so giving it a shot.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprised no one else has mentioned Mount Gay, the favorite of my wife and myself. Someone gifted us a bottle years ago and since then, it is the only rum we drink. Great in the Summer with a lime and fresh, cold tonic.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Second the Kirk and Sweeny...my favorite for sure

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
10 Cane

10 Cane was discontinued in 2015.

Shows how much I’m paying attention to rum. I’ve got a couple of unopened bottles of it. I do recall it fondly.

Back to beer....

Yeah, it's a shame, I liked it, too.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Pampero Aniversario. Tasty, even if it is from Venezuela...

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I had a bad experience with Sailor Jerry and can’t stand it anymore.

I mostly just drink the Capt’n on the rocks. Private stock is good too.

Bacardi makes an 8 year old rum that I enjoy. I am not too fussy about the stuff as keeping it in stock is half the battle. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I havent gotten into rum quite yet. Like to did find this list that mentions no post additives. Heard great things about plantTion.

http://rumproject.com/rumforum/viewtopic.php?t=1683

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to go with El Dorado 12, Ron Zacapa 15 and Pusser’s. Recently got a bottle of 10XO and liking it so far.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(K,Na)(Fe+++,Al,Mg)2
(Si,Al)4 O10(OH)2
Picture of Munch
posted Hide Post
Flor de Cana Centenario 18

Posts: 859 | Location: north central Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those in Florida, I’ve come across one that is outstanding. Siesta Key Toasted Coconut Rum, made at their distillery in Sarasota. Not your usual Malibu type coconut flavored rum, they infuse theirs with real toasted coconut and there is a delicious and distinct difference. A sipper all day long. Have yet to make it to their place for a tour but luckily most ABCs carry it.
All of their rums have won numerous awards.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Strambo's recommendation I tried a bottle of Zaya. I had seen it and wondered. 12 y.o. very smooth and tasty. Good price point, becoming one of my new favorites.

Thank you SIGforum for helping me spend my money.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Rum has always been a mixer for me. However, I used to say the same about bourbon, but have come to like a few brands for sipping. Wild Turkey, Makers Mark, and Knob Creek are probably my top three.

With that in mind, where should I likely start with rums for sipping?

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post