SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Did anyone else hear about Disney purging SJW's from filmmaking?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone else hear about Disney purging SJW's from filmmaking? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Hope this is true. Apparently, Disney ran out of F-U money since DaRona has closed or reduced park attendance, as well as the money lost on hotels and cruises. Now it seems that they are more interested in actually listening to fans and giving them what they want.

https://www.express.co.uk/ente...ge-lucas-disney-plus

Star Wars reboot: 'Disney execs to PURGE woke agenda' in upcoming trilogy

STAR WARS fans enjoyed seeing the series welcome a third trilogy to its ranks in the past few years, concluding with the Rise of Skywalker - but now avid Disney and Star Wars leaker Doomcock has suggested that the House of Mouse is reportedly purging the "woke" agenda from its upcoming films and franchises.

By Callum Crumlish PUBLISHED: 16:31, Thu, Aug 27, 2020 | UPDATED: 16:34, Thu, Aug 27, 2020

Star Wars fans were thrilled to see the trilogy of trilogies come to a conclusion last year. The Rise of Skywalker truly brought an end to the Skywalker saga, and indeed to Disney's first foray into Star Wars mythos as fans know it.

However, there were many complaints about the films, as a number of things didn't make sense, and some fans didn't like the direction it was going.

Now, it sounds like Disney has taken this feedback and will reportedly be changing things going forward.

Famed and prolifically accurate Disney and Star Wars leaker Overlord Doomcock recently laid out a brand new plan for the company that is apparently going to change how everything works in the upcoming sequels and franchises.

Doomcock first explained that these rumours ought to be taken with a grain of salt, before explaining: "According to a source that has been reliable in the past, the s**t is about to hit the fan at Disney.

"I am told that getting the SJWs out of Disney is now priority one mandated by the sudden realisation that sometimes cliches are cliches for a reason and a new understanding at the highest level that 'get woke go broke' is no longer just a slogan."

He added: "My source boldly claims that Disney is now only concerned with one thing: profitability."

The leaker suggested that "Disney executives" have become convinced they need to step in after the "decline" of Star Wars in the past few years.

"They realise that fans have been driven away from their precious franchises in droves by identity politics," he continued.

"Now it's time to get back to doing business. Time to remember the old adage 'the customer is always right'.

"Investors and executives are now trying to repair the damage that has been done. Erasing the Sequel Trilogy with the Veil of The Force. Courting George Lucas to head up LucasFilm, the coming woke purge, all of these steps are designed to do one thing: bring fans back to Disney."

The internet personality went on to say that the executives have realised the "woke elements" of the latest Star Wars films have done "a tremendous amount of damage" to the franchise.

Because of this, they will be working on rebooting the franchise and changing things back to the way they were.

Doomcock also claimed Disney held a virtual meeting last week to "explain their new approach going forward".

That new policy reads: "Disney is a for-profit company and no one who works for Disney will be allowed to insult or antagonise fans.

"It is hoped that this policy, presumably coupled with the exclusion of political propaganda from future productions although this was not specified, will bring fans back into the Disney fold."

Of course, this could all be nonsense from an internet personality, but fans will simply have to wait and see how the films return.

Last month Doomcock announced the franchise would be getting rebooted with George Lucas at the helm.

He explained there may be three options for the film franchise to make a return to form, one of which involves Lucas directing a new trilogy.

He continued: "The first scenario is a kind of soft reboot of the sequel trilogy. And is by far the worst option on the table.

"In this scenario they use the 'Veil of the Force' to go back in time and warn Luke not to try and kill Ben Solo.

"I’m told they are contemplating a new Luke Skywalker movie set 10 years after The Return of the Jedi. Set in The Mandalorian timeline."

Another article here...
https://cosmicbook.news/disney...s-marvel-woke-agenda

Disney Purging Star Wars, Marvel Woke Agenda

With Star Wars failing at Disney and with the fears surrounding the coronavirus causing the company to lose billions, it is claimed that Disney will be changing its approach to various franchises including Star Wars and Marvel.

It's no secret that Disney has been promoting a "woke" agenda in its movies and more, and it's also no secret that the woke agenda has been a huge failure.

Star Wars is a complete disaster at Disney as it has been on the decline (proven by Disney investor reports) since the release of Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy's Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which caused fans to bail on Star Wars in droves.

Regarding Marvel, on the movie side of things, there have been problems with Brie Larson, and we can argue that even though Captain Marvel was a success, similar to The Last Jedi, it was another woke approach which failed as the writing and directing team are not back for the sequel, and perhaps the biggest proof Captain Marvel was a failure is that Kevin Feige has apparently downgraded Brie Larson at Marvel and is now promoting Elizabeth Olsen, as Scarlet Witch and Olsen are liked by the fans a whole lot more than Larson and Carol Danvers.

So as the woke agenda hasn't been a success at Disney (and all of Hollywood), it's claimed that Disney is going to purge all the SJWs and cater to the fans.

The info comes from "the future ruler of Earth," Doomcock, from the Overlord YouTube channel, who has been providing information about how Star Wars will get fixed and previously revealed information about problems with Brie Larson and Captain Marvel, as well as Star Trek.

Hollywood is indeed a woke wasteland

"Hollywood is indeed a woke wasteland and now out of that wasteland, a new hope has suddenly appeared," explains Doomcock.

The Youtuber does note the information does sound too good to be true, but the info comes from a high-level source.

"According to a source that has been reliable in the past, the sh-t is about to hit the fan at Disney," says Doomcock. "I am told that getting the SJWs out of Disney is now priority one mandated by the sudden realization that sometimes cliches are cliches for a reason and a new understanding at the highest level that 'get woke go broke' is no longer just a slogan. Yes, you heard me right, as incredible as it sounds, my source boldly claims that Disney is now only concerned with one thing: profitability."

Doomcock continues: "The proclamation is about to be sent out from on high to every corner of the enchanted kingdom: Disney is a for-profit business moving forward and from here on out the customer comes first. The woke party is over because the mouse is awakened with a terrible hangover and it's a new day at Disney. My source tells me that huge policy changes are about to be made at Disney: Bad-mouthing fans no matter what they say or what side they are on will no longer be tolerated. That goes for everyone that works at Disney. Everyone. Including Brie Larson. Including the LucasFilm story group. And everyone that Kathleen Kennedy ever hired."

Disney no longer tolerating woke agenda

Doomcock goes on to give examples of people at Disney attacking fans including Rian Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, Brie Larson and Taika Waititi.

"I've been told explicitly that even someone like Brie Larson will no longer be able to work at Disney if she takes shots at fans," says Doomcock. "The slack attitude and tacit support implied by silence that emboldened these woke wonders to highjack a corporate message and subvert corporate profits is no more. The LucasFilm story group will no longer be empowered to humiliate Luke Skywalker to strike a blow against the patriarchy. No more will Nick Fury be humiliated by having a pet cat take out his eye. 'Get woke go broke' is a phrase that resonates with Disney now and positive changes are on the way if this leak is true."

Disney getting back to business: customer is always right

Regarding why Disney is changing things, Doomcock explains it about profit.

"Economic realities of 2020 coupled with the decline in returns on properties like Star Wars have combined to sober executives up," explains Doomcock. "They realize that fans have been driven away from their precious franchises in droves by identity politics. Now it's time to get back to doing business. Time to remember the old adage 'the customer is always right.' Investors and executives are now trying to repair the damage that has been done. Erasing the Sequel Trilogy with the Veil of The Force. Courting George Lucas to head up LucasFilm, the coming woke purge, all of these steps are designed to do one thing: bring fans back to Disney. "

Disney aware what fans think

Doomcock says that Disney is well aware of what the fans think, which is something I was told as well last Summer while at Comic-Con when I brought up the notion to Marvel insiders who filled me in about Doctor Strange 2 featuring original Marvel Comics characters (like the OG Nick Fury).

"They realize that allowing these woke elements to highjack their projects a tremendous amount of damage has been done to their precious brands and they cannot allow this to continue. The executives have heard you, according to this source, and they are determined to reverse course," says Doomcock.

Doomcock claims Disney held a virtual meeting last Friday to explain their new approach going forward.

"The new policy moving forward is one of fan support and acceptance. Disney is a for-profit company and no one who works for Disney will be allowed to insult or antagonize fans. It is hoped that this policy, presumably coupled with the exclusion of political propaganda from future productions although this was not specified, will bring fans back into the Disney fold," offers Doomcock.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we see this more across the board, with shareholders stepping up and remind these companies that they're a for-profit business, not a bunch of non-profit liberal community activists, and alienating 50+% of your customer base is simply bad business.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Recently the guy who played Fin came out and talked shit about Disney and the Star Wars movies he was in. Normal leftist black actor stuff, basically the company is racist (dude sure took the white mouses money though).

I wonder if the timing of his public rant has anything to do with this.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Sorry, can’t take another timeline deal. Star Trek, X-Men, Avengers, just had it with the alternate timeline bs. Luke is dead, let him RIP. Start fresh.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll believe it when it all becomes public, otherwise it's all heresy.

Besides Kennedy, they can start by showing the door to Kiri Hart and at least half of the Lucasfilm Story Group, who's responsible for shitting on the existing cannon and the overall SW universe. Rumors are the dismantling has already begun, as they were shut-out of The Mandalorian production, thus preserving some semblance of consistency with the earlier films.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Start fresh.

I'll give that an Amen!

Fresh as in no re-boots or re-makes. Hollywood - please create something new. Find a good book or true story and make it into a movie. Or just ask Clint Eastwood to pick a subject for you if you're having difficulty coming up with anything different.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I certainly hope its true, I want a movie thats a movie first. Maybe they noticed the agenda flicks and shows tank some-crazy-how. I'm not sure how much I'd trust an unnamed source but I understand covering their identity on the flip side. Fingers crossed.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Free market at work. Nobody wants to pay cash money to watch SJW crap.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Tick tock ... they would swing back in a heartbeat if they thought they could make more money.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I'm not sure how much I'd trust an unnamed source but I understand covering their identity on the flip side. Fingers crossed.

Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but Doomcock has been spot-on with prior examples of Disney/Star Wars insider news, so I'm willing to give it a bit more credence than just the usual interweb rumormongering.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Your lips to Gods ears.

I personally don’t care if there is.....
Any race
Any religion
Gay or straight characters
Male or female leads
Etc. etc. etc.

I just don’t want it RAMMED DOWN MY THROAT because the checkbox must be checked. Jesus just make it organic or part of good writing and not have some culture war / political FU to one side or another.

A great example for ME personally. Jodi Whitaker as Doctor Who. I actually quite like her and have no issues with the Doctor regenerating into a female. I think Jodi is decent in the role and given the chance could find her “Doctor footing” like all the rest. What is a complete shit show and ruined it all was the writing and the political / culture war FU’s etc. etc. They took something that, at least for me personally I would have quite enjoyed, and literally destroyed it. I haven’t even bothered to finish it. It’s not Jodi’s fault but I now hate her as the Doctor simply because of what I connotate the show with now.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I'm not sure how much I'd trust an unnamed source but I understand covering their identity on the flip side. Fingers crossed.

Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but Doomcock has been spot-on with prior examples of Disney/Star Wars insider news, so I'm willing to give it a bit more credence than just the usual interweb rumormongering.

#doomcockwasright

I see you're also a part of the fandom menace. Wink

Guys, everything that was leaked to this youtuber last year before the release of The Rise of Skywalker has turned out to be true, and accurate. The stuff leaked to him this year by those same inside sources confirms that Disney is feeling the "get woke, go broke" and trying to turn it around. I can fully understand not getting your hopes up and some healthy skepticism, but I'm going to go ahead and drink the Kool-Aid on this one. He's proven to be right so often, I can't think of a statement he's made that proved to be wrong.

For everyone's enjoyment:

And here's the video the articles reference:

Posts: 17056 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any race
Any religion
Male or female leads
Etc. etc. etc.

I just don’t want it RAMMED DOWN MY THROAT because the checkbox must be checked. Jesus just make it organic or part of good writing and not have some culture war / political FU to one side or another.

Yep, just like the lesbian kiss at the end of Rise of Skywalker. Completely unnecessary and an obvious AF ramming of SJW down your throat. Pissed me off.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
It's still good news. They normally won't speak on this kind of subject directly. Its always been doublespeak.

I'm wondering if Disney can become a viable replacement for Netflix. I told my wife about the 'Cuties' BS last night and she is now on track to finish watching a couple things on NF and dump 'em before the next billing date.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can only hope.

I quit Doctor Who because of Jodi and her companions

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Any race
Any religion
Male or female leads
Etc. etc. etc.

Yep, just like the lesbian kiss at the end of Rise of Skywalker. Completely unnecessary and an obvious AF ramming of SJW down your throat. Pissed me off.

That was the best part of the movie... and not because it was good, it just REALLY sucked.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
People, can we please stop saying things like "ram it down our throats" when talking about the gays?

Big Grin

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Would you prefer I’m tired of taking it in the ass from the SJW’s. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Come on man.

err, that is to say...

Come on, man.

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post