Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 fall TV Login/Join 
posted
Anybody seen anything to be excited about this fall? Seems most of my favorites were cancelled...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Just as “The Brave” was gaining traction, NBC cancelled it. Was the first network show I’ve watched in a long time. Not much on the horizon for me.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
“Manifest” on NBC on Mondays seems interesting.

Premise: commercial air flight takes off from Caribbean vacation spot and lands 5 & 1/2 years later in NYC. Everyone on airplane hasn’t aged, but everyone else has. Space Aliens, time warp, rift in space-time continuum, worm hole, etc. ?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I tried two new shows, Magnum P.I. and FBI. After watching the two pilots, my impressions:

I'll pass

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I enjoy watching The Voice. It looks like Manifest may be good.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Blue Bloods is back on.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Last Man Standing is back. close to 20 minutes of TV and 10+ minutes of political commercials.

There were some funny lines in the season premier.

The shows that I used to like and were carried over from previous years are stale and lack any creativity to the story lines.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Last Man Standing is back. close to 20 minutes of TV and 10+ minutes of political commercials.

There were some funny lines in the season premier.

The shows that I used to like and were carried over from previous years are stale and lack any creativity to the story lines.
Mike

Really don't care for the new Mandy. You couldn't find someone shorter and brunette in Hollywood?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the first 15 minutes of Last Man Standing before heading into work.

I thought it was okay, I was not as excited about it as I thought I would be.

I have been binge watching Blue Bloods on Amazon to catch up to the current season.

I think the only show I am looking forward to catching the pilot is "The Rookie".

We watch Young Sheldon, and I like it but for the rest of the shows on tv I can do without.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I usually just wait for someone here to recommend some new original on one of the streaming services. It’s been a while since a network show got my attention.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
When The Rookie tanks at least Nathan Fillion will be in shape for the Firefly reboot. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3446 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched New Amsterdam. If they don't mess with the idea, it could be good.

Pure Genius, from last year, had potential until they mixed up the owner's personal health agenda into it.

Both are iterations of ideas along the series The Bold Ones from years ago.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rookie
Manifest
Swat
MacGyver
Lethal weapon
Magnum
Hawaii 5-O

I miss Bones & elementary. It's gonna be a long winter if this is the best they've got. Maybe I'll build a boat or something.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
So far there are no new shows that I am excited about, very few old ones, for that matter. 'The Brave,' the only show on NBC that I watched got cancelled.

'NCIS LA,' on CBS is one I probably will watch. I'm curious to see what happens to their main characters, particularly Deeks. I don't like Deeks that much, but I have a feeling that he may drift off and become a bar tender/owner and be seen occasionally. I'm also curious to see what happened to Hidolko. I liked her character. Mosley can go!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only old shows I'm excited about are Below Deck as they're in Tahiti this year. Also Gold Rush as Rick (Parkers foreman) went out on his own this year. Both air this week. Nothing new.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Only one I'm still hanging in with is New Amsterdam.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
When tonight's episode ended, my girlfriend said she likes seeing Ryan Eggold playing a Good Guy.

The grumpy guy sitting next to her said "I liked him better when he played the Bad Guy."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9146 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

The grumpy guy sitting next to her said "I liked him better when he played the Bad Guy."

Blacklist fan?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember the poor actor, who played the guy, who tried to rape Edith on All in The Family. I think it destroyed his career, the way Bruce Dern had problems after "killing" John Wayne in a movie. I see this guy in New Amsterdam, who was such a weasel in Blacklist, that I just can't watch him.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

Blacklist fan?

Yup! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9146 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post