SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    UPDATE: Winners on Pg. 2 Quick Karma: Mark Knopfler 'Down the Road Wherever'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE: Winners on Pg. 2 Quick Karma: Mark Knopfler 'Down the Road Wherever' Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
It's good to see several long-time Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler fans. I had tickets to see Dire Straits for the first time in 1983, but got sick and couldn't make it. I did see them in 1985, and have seen Mark Knopfler 4 times (2010, 2015, and twice in 2019).

I just ran the karmanator and it selected:

-- bald1
-- 10X-Shooter and
-- usmc-nav

Gentlemen, you've got mail. Smile

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

I just ran the karmanator...

Gentlemen, you've got mail. Smile

Thanks very much CoolRich... email responded to. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! Awesome! Thank you

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Received mine today and what a treat! Thank you so much for this generous karma.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Received mine today and what a treat! Thank you so much for this generous karma.

You are welcome. Enjoy. Sorry shipping took so long. Media mail is cheap, but slow.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
CoolRich59,

USPS just advised mine is out for delivery so it should be in my hands by dinner time. Hope to have time to enjoy it this evening. Smile Again my thanks!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
CoolRich59,

USPS just advised mine is out for delivery so it should be in my hands by dinner time. Hope to have time to enjoy it this evening. Smile Again my thanks!

You're welcome! I think you'll find that Mark Knopfler's music goes well with a glass of Redbreast. Smile

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
CoolRich59,

You're welcome! I think you'll find that Mark Knopfler's music goes well with a glass of Redbreast. Smile

Ah! A man who remembers my appreciation of that fine single pot still Irish whiskey. :thumbsup: Big Grin

Update: The more I listen to this, the more I like it! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I was listening to this CD again tonight and no doubt were it not for the generosity of CoolRich59, I would have missed out on what has become one of my favorite albums.

So again, my thanks for your generosity and taste in music and Irish. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was listening to this CD again tonight and no doubt were it not for the generosity of CoolRich59, I would have missed out on what has become one of my favorite albums.

So again, my thanks for your generosity and taste in music and Irish. Big Grin

Good to hear. You are welcome my friend!