SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    UPDATE: Winners on Pg. 2 Quick Karma: Mark Knopfler 'Down the Road Wherever'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE: Winners on Pg. 2 Quick Karma: Mark Knopfler 'Down the Road Wherever' Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
I have three CDs of Mark Knopfler's latest album 'Down the Road Wherever'.

If you're interested in one of them, simply post and say so. I will run the karminator tomorrow (Saturday) and notify the winners via email to get a mailing address (so you need to have a working email in your profile).

Assuming I hear back from the winners, I will get them in the mail on Monday

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolRich59,

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
He's a favorite of mine and I'd enjoy having a copy. I've been listening to his stuff since the early days.

Thanks for the chance.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Enter me please. I've seen him (and Dire Straits) three times since the 'Live in 85' tour.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I feel he is one of the best guitarist of the 20th century. So add me, please.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Please don't add me, but it is a really different album for him. I like it!

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I would like a chance. Thanks for your generosity.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan. Please add me!

Thanks!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Put me in please.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark Knopfler 'Down the Road Wherever'

This would be great. Don't have this one.

My first ever CD was Dire Straits Money For Nothing. Probably my favorite Knopfler LP is Sailing to Philadephia.

Thanks for the karma and chance here. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Very cool, thank you. Knopfler is one of the premier guitarists alive today.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I feel he is one of the best guitarist of the 20th century. So add me, please.

21st century too Wink

Please add me

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites, and I don't have that one. Please enter me!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I'm in for that! Beyond a great picker, he has a knack for material selection that never disappoints Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a big Dire Straits fan. Please enter me in your generous karma. Thank you.

Posts: 618 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Cool! Cool Please include me.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I’m in. I love his music. Thanks for chance.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Great karma. I love the music please include me. Thank you.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Headhunter
Picture of SPSHOOTER
posted Hide Post
That is a gracious Karma. I have seen Mr. Knopfler three times and he is one of my all time favs. Please add me in.

SPSHOOTER

Posts: 1513 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Fan of his since Dire Straights. Been enjoying him with the NottingHillbillies too.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Please add my name to the list. Thanks

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post