SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Mr. Right" (2016) On Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Mr. Right" (2016) On Netflix Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Title looks like a chick flick. Description looks like a chick flick. So when Mrs. ensigmatic chose it for tonight's entrainment I looked at her like "Srsly?" (Neither of us likes chick flicks.) "It's not what you think," she sez.

She was right--it wasn't. What it was, after getting past the kinda-chick-flicky opening, was 90 minutes of improbable action and quirky fun, punctuated with a few laugh-out-loud moments. And, for the guys, it doesn't hurt that Anna Kendrick is quite easy to look at Smile

Two thumbs up from us.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a copy, its good for some laughs.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Definitely fun. Sam Rockwell is always entertaining and his relationship with Tim Roth was interesting to watch as well.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My 12-year-old inner self loves this movie!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah. It's fun.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Loved it! Thanks!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Sam Rockwell and Tim Roth? It sounds like a must watch.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It's hokey, silly and unrealistic and I loved it! Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to watching this (put in the queue based purely on this thread). Put me down as another who thoroughly enjoyed it. Every descriptor used in this thread applies.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post