SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sock it to me Daddy - Crazy songs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sock it to me Daddy - Crazy songs Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Stumbled across Jimmy Castors hit single from 1972 - Troglodyte got me thinking, what other songs do we remember from our youth, songs like this that became massive hits, where a phrase like "sock it to me" became a hip term of the era in this case in the song and from Laugh-in.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCV6paTXyCU

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Another reference to this song, unbeknownst to me until just now, is the intro at the beginning of this Blackstreet song which was a massive R&B hit in the early 90's.

I've never heard Troglodyte before.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Stumbled across Jimmy Castors hit single from 1972 - Troglodyte

"Bertha. Bertha Butt. One of the Butt Sisters."

It has been years, but that snippet of lyric from "Troglodyte" now and then served me well in odd circumstances. Wink

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
You can't do that today fellas, because it might come off!

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the first, the original and the best sock it to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71VEfPEG_RE

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Another reference to this song, unbeknownst to me until just now, is the intro at the beginning of this Blackstreet song which was a massive R&B hit in the early 90's.

^ Adding to the above... the opening was also sampled in opening of the 1992 rap song 'fire & Earth' by X-clan. Not that most of you will care. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post