SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sicario - part 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sicario - part 2 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In Part 1, Kate was a tool: Something to lead us into the secret world of the Sicario.

It is really all about Alejandro. Part 2 confirms this idea.

The last scene, in the food court, is a both a shock and a relief.

Posts: 774 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Saw it this afternoon and thought it was better than the first. Del Toro and Brolin we’re both great—again. The young girl (and to a lesser extent, the young man) stole the show. Terrific.

Why does Hollywood do this? “Sicario: The day of the Soldado. Make it English, or make it all Spanish, “El Dia de el Soldado”

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
SPOILER.......

If they were going to make the four bombers from New Jersey, why three prayer rugs that they never answered for where they came from?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MORE SPOILER

Exactly. A big question left open to continue the story.

Posts: 774 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hume:
MORE SPOILER

Exactly. A big question left open to continue the story.

I’d say there are a couple other things as well. “So, you want to be a sicario?

and...

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I give it 8.5 out of 10 stars. Solid flick. Can't wait for number 3.

Read this journalistic shit stain from some cuck lady boy.
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/...hollywood-ncna888111

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the morning chuckle Bubba. Those "people" really make me laugh.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
The wife and I saw it Saturday AFTER an hour and fifteen minute delay. We enjoyed it and def see a part three coming. I enjoyed it even more when they gave us free tickets for another movie because of the delay.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it Saturday. I loved the first one and found it very plausible. This one, a bit "Hollywood". Not to say I didnt enjoy it, but...

Humvee getting stuck? In a 2 foot ditch? and the girl gets like 3 miles away from them in what, 2 min? She Usan Bolt? Then, near the end, the strike team is 15 min out, pitch black, yet they fly over Alejandro it is broad day light?

Again, good movie, but IMO, no where close to the first one.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Yeah why drive several miles into Mexico with the girl to some hand off point? That made no sense. Hand her ass over at the border.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it today. Liked it.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I thought it was pretty good. Sicario 1 had a much tighter story. Still, this is the tone in storytelling I've been craving - bleak, harsh, and mature. I'm so tired of all the snarky lightweight PG-13 crowd-pleasing comic book superhero type of movies. This was so much more up my alley.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Dumb question guys.. I loved the first one and am dying to see #2. My wife, however hates gore. I know, I know... anyway, how much blood is in it? On par with the first?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah there’s quite a bit of blood. Like splatter against windows and stuff. That’s about it though.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Blunt did very well.

Probably why I like this one better. Can't stand her and I don't get why everyone thinks she's so hot. She needs to eat a cheeseburger.

In the first Sicario she was selected to be the patsy. For that role I think she did well and served her purpose. I don’t think she was needed for part 2.

Nor do I think she’s hot. That’s a girl who does nothing for me.

Blunt had good moments and acted according the the character they gave her to work with. It was the character who did not make sense. As an experienced FBI agent working kidnappings and human trafficking along the border, she would have seen some truly horrendous things in a very short time. In that context, the character would have been more harden and ready for the gloves to come off than the black ops guys. The character would have been much better and more understandable if she had been the sidekick, Sicario Light to the Sicario as opposed as the patsy to the Sicario.

For me, Emily Blunt is one of those women who when I see her in something, sometimes she's hot and sometimes she's not.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Yeah there’s quite a bit of blood. Like splatter against windows and stuff. That’s about it though.

Thanks for the warning, I may drag the Mrs. anyway!

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
quote:

Thanks for the warning, I may drag the Mrs. anyway!

There are also a couple of minor wound examining/cleaning scenes. It's not the brains/guts hanging out kind of stuff though.

I don't like gore either. Sorta the reason I never liked the NCIS TV stuff. Magnum PI managed to solve a whole lot of stuff without us ever having to look at the victim's spleen, and it is the way I much prefer it. But, blood splatter on the window from a headshot, or cleaning/bandaging a cut on an arm in the movies is part of it to me for the makings of a good movie.

www.opspectraining.com

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they were going to make the four bombers from New Jersey, why three prayer rugs that they never answered for where they came from?

Perhaps this is the film maker's way of saying "not all Muslims are terrorists?"

In the first scene where CPB apprehends crowd coming across the border, there were mandarin speakers in the group that got caught: i.e. Chinese.

quote:
Yeah why drive several miles into Mexico with the girl to some hand off point? That made no sense. Hand her ass over at the border.

Because it was the Agency's op and they didn't trust the Federales to get it done, as it turns out, with good reason.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just got from seeing this with the wifey. Very good movie, she even liked it. Total shocker!

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh and great to see Pvt Joker has finally promoted. Big Grin

LOL!!!

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post