SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sicario - part 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sicario - part 2 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I thought that they really tried hard to make it look authentic, but thought that they could have went the extra few inches to make it at least look like they were wearing plates in the plate carriers. Especially seeing that one of the main characters takes a round there.

The picture in this link captures everything you're talking about. Somebody post this picture from this link as it's late and I just got back from watching it. Count how many errors there are in that picture.

Posts: 14554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Do you need to see the first one? I want to see this with the wife but she hasn't seen the first movie.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Do you need to see the first one? I want to see this with the wife but she hasn't seen the first movie.

As long as you’ve seen it you should be good-to-go Wink

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I should have skipped this one. 1/10.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Action sequences were good but the plot made even less sense than the first one.

Posts: 1698 | Location: USA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I saw Part 2 the other day without having seen the first one. I watched the first one today and there really wasn't anything in the first one that would preclude anyone from understanding everything about Part 2.

There is a little bit of background that you'd pick up about Alejandro in the first one as well as some of the backstory of how Alejandro and Graver are tied together, but seeing Part 2 without seeing the first one is not a problem.

I liked them both even though I watched them "out of order" per se.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Pretty good but nowhere near as tight storytelling as the first. I liked Blunt's character in the first one. FBI are nothing compared with what the CIA gets away with, plus, cartels are on a higher plane of violence...

Also, its nearly impossible to tell... was this a prequel or a sequel? I thought prequel because of how it shows Brolin in ME and then being introduced to the Mexican theater. So if its a prequel, obviously Alejandro's fate is not really in question.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10466 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Saw it again last night on DVD. Liked it better the second time through.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Just watched part 2 last night. It was O.K., I would give it a 7/10 while the first one was a strong 9/10. Kind of sad, I had really high hopes for it.

Might watch it again tonight or tomorrow to give it another go, but honestly I don't think so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Starts great and promises a major war at the beginning then it turns into a minor plot that gets smaller by the minute. Boy, it had so much potential...

Almost makes me want my time back.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12089 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't hate it but I didn't like it. For my $2 to Redbox I'm fine with it. I wonder if I'd have liked it more if I hadn't seen the first one. Different director as well.

I like all the actors except pouty kid, in fairness he may have been just playing as instructed. Wish the movie would have stuck to it's hard choices or not attempted to set them up. I feel like some of the things they set up are unearned as far as the girls suspicions and the team caring for her.

Posts: 3040 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Rented it last night. It was entertaining, but the volume of the dialogue was too low and I guess I didn't understand what was going on - I learned what was going on by reading a synopsis on IMDB.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I liked the second better than the first. Both were better than 99% of movies coming out.

Posts: 6003 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it sucked. The first one was waaaay better. This could have been a 30 min intro the movie #3. Will wait for Netflix or a Redbox .99 rental for #3.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Really liked it. Yes the first one was better but this was still a solid film. I like how it starts and bam right into it. The music was outstanding and I really liked the characters. Had me from the first frame until the end. A little disappointed with the ending but still really enjoyed overall. Way better than most of the shit that comes up. The “stand up” scene was awesome as well as landing a Blackhawk in front of moving vehicles on a dirt road. Will watch it again.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just got done watching this. I enjoyed it, but I had issue with Alejandro protecting the girl.

This is a guy with no soul anymore, he showed that in the first one where he had no remorse or hesitation gunning down the cartel bosses wife and kids. I just don't see him giving a shit about the daughter of the main cartel guy he is after.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post