SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sicario - part 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sicario - part 2 Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted
Anyone else see it? Very timely in light of today’s headlines and border issues but it ended with no closure. There will definitely be a part 3.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
they had part one on tv last night or night before. Watched it and enjoyed seeing emily blunt almost have sex...

I'm sure part 2 is full of guns and pointless violence. I'll see it at some point.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it and thought it was terrific. Aspects of the last 10 minutes were kind of un-Taylor Sheridan-like, but still plausible. It didn't have the same vibe as the first, but it created it's own and succeeded on it's own merit.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I saw it today and thought it was great. On par, maybe slightly better than the original.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a well done sequel. Recommended.

Posts: 774 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t believe how quick Washington was to pull the plug on Alajandro

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Oh damn. I didnt realize it was out bow. Ill have to go see that.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of six732
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night, I thought it was very good follow up to the first movie. I do think a 3rd installment is coming to expand on what happened in the year that past from the desert to the food court.

Posts: 782 | Location: South West Georgia | Registered: March 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Overall I feel that this was better than the first. There was plenty of action and a great script.

quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Couldn’t believe how quick Washington was to pull the plug on Alajandro

I think we may have just witnessed the creation of the new OBL or Castro type. Seems to be the play in Hollywood now when our government "turns" on those that were helping them, effectively turning them into the bad guys. I hope that I am wrong on that account as it would be to easily predicted but we'll see once Sicario 3 comes out (and I am already looking forward to it Big Grin )

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ichi-go ichi-e
Picture of Underworld2086
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it but I thought it should of ended on a darker note.

Posts: 696 | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Just got back from seeing it. I thought it was pretty good. I was a little disappointed that all of the gunfight scene were in the trailers, to make it appear more "action packed" than what it was. I also get that the Sicario series isn't necessarily in the action genre, but when you make it appear that way in the commercials, it is a little disappointing. I am glad they brought back Steve Forsing and gave him a larger role.

I thought that they really tried hard to make it look authentic, but thought that they could have went the extra few inches to make it at least look like they were wearing plates in the plate carriers. Especially seeing that one of the main characters takes a round there.

I thought it started out a little slow, but was happy overall with the movie.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Oh and great to see Pvt Joker has finally promoted. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I just saw this. I thought it was very good. I went in not knowing much about though. The ending was certainly interesting.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underworld2086:
I enjoyed it but I thought it should of ended on a darker note.

+1

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved the first one, all the actors/characters seemed to blend well. Brolin did a great job as a cocky cia agent. It was good to see J. Donovan in the movie as I enjoyed his tv series and Del Toro was perfect for his role. Blunt did very well. I am looking forward to seeing this.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I saw something on the Josh Brolin's IG feed-

"SICARIO 2- Thanos goes to Mexico" Big Grin

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk...igshid=1w9v46642teza

www.opspectraining.com

come and take it
posted Hide Post
Thought it was pretty good! My favorite part, the casual handgrenade toss. Definitely setup for a part 3.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Blunt did very well.

Probably why I like this one better. Can't stand her and I don't get why everyone thinks she's so hot. She needs to eat a cheeseburger.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
When Alajandro and the girl get in the truck to drive off, the headrests are missing, then in the next shot, they have headrests again.... that kinda annoyed me.
I thought it was awesome. The entire movie was different than what I thought it would be, so I'm happy about that.

ETA: I just realized that the premise of this film is the complete opposite of the first. this film is to create chaos to make the cartels fight each other. The first film was to bring order, unless i'm mistaken about something.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Blunt did very well.

Probably why I like this one better. Can't stand her and I don't get why everyone thinks she's so hot. She needs to eat a cheeseburger.

In the first Sicario she was selected to be the patsy. For that role I think she did well and served her purpose. I don’t think she was needed for part 2.

Nor do I think she’s hot. That’s a girl who does nothing for me.