SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sicario - part 2
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sicario - part 2 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I thought that they really tried hard to make it look authentic, but thought that they could have went the extra few inches to make it at least look like they were wearing plates in the plate carriers. Especially seeing that one of the main characters takes a round there.

The picture in this link captures everything you're talking about. Somebody post this picture from this link as it's late and I just got back from watching it. Count how many errors there are in that picture.

Posts: 8108 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Do you need to see the first one? I want to see this with the wife but she hasn't seen the first movie.

---------------------------------
- "This town reminds me of something in the bible."
- "Which part?"
- "The part right before god gets angry"

Posts: 8271 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Do you need to see the first one? I want to see this with the wife but she hasn't seen the first movie.

As long as you’ve seen it you should be good-to-go Wink

Posts: 5699 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I should have skipped this one. 1/10.

Posts: 8957 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Action sequences were good but the plot made even less sense than the first one.

Posts: 1686 | Location: USA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I saw Part 2 the other day without having seen the first one. I watched the first one today and there really wasn't anything in the first one that would preclude anyone from understanding everything about Part 2.

There is a little bit of background that you'd pick up about Alejandro in the first one as well as some of the backstory of how Alejandro and Graver are tied together, but seeing Part 2 without seeing the first one is not a problem.

I liked them both even though I watched them "out of order" per se.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 4939 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Pretty good but nowhere near as tight storytelling as the first. I liked Blunt's character in the first one. FBI are nothing compared with what the CIA gets away with, plus, cartels are on a higher plane of violence...

Also, its nearly impossible to tell... was this a prequel or a sequel? I thought prequel because of how it shows Brolin in ME and then being introduced to the Mexican theater. So if its a prequel, obviously Alejandro's fate is not really in question.

"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."

Posts: 8487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post