SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Blazing Saddles is on TCM tonight.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blazing Saddles is on TCM tonight. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
I've seen it fiftygillion times, including when it was first released in 1974 and have it on DVD. Just might have to watch it one more time. Link

Can you imagine the Leftist meltdown that would occur if that movie were released today?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Is it the edited version?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Hopefully not, I don't think TCM does that. If they cleaned it up there wouldn't be much left.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/37v-6Zs5T10

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
TCM does not edit films.

Posts: 107570 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Mel Brooks said that if he tried to make pretty much any of his movies now they would be about five minutes long after the politically incorrect stuff was edited out.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Love this movie.

"Pardon me....."

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Just in case they do, I present, unedited, with subtitles, The Campfire Scene:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you think TCM edits films, you don't know anything about TCM.

Posts: 107570 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We know that, Para. It's hard to resist an opportunity to post The Campfire Scene, though! Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I can't wait... Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ZzKUVsHL7ac

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
As has already been said, TCM doesn't edit films. When other channels or networks show this film, it is so edited as to be incomprehensible, two notorious examples being "The sheriff's a __!" and the farts taken out of the campfire scene. Without those, the scene is nothing more than guys sitting around a campfire for a few minutes.

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Well...now I'm gonna have to soak some pintos for the crock pot Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gooolllleee, Mr Lamar, you use your mouth purtier than a $20 whore....

--

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Candy gram for Mongo...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
God this movie is hilarious.

What amazes me is that if released today all the SJW twits would lose their shit yet the reality of this movie is it's about as anti racism as it gets.

All the racists are played as bumbling idiots or just wrong
The hero in every way is the black guy
The hero not only saves the town but shows them the error of their ignorant ways
The black hero gets the hot white chick
The black hero is by far the most compassionate character to friend and enemy alike (see Mongo)

It's a great comedy that also is hugely progressive especially for the time.

The looks on their faces when they "rescue" the hand cart from the quicksand cracks me up.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I actually had to explain to a friend in painfully slow detail how Blazing Saddles makes fun of racists.

One of the greatest comedies in film history IMO. Big Grin

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Piss on you, I'm working for Mel Brooks!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post