SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A Night in Old Mexico- Robert Duvall film from 2013
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Night in Old Mexico- Robert Duvall film from 2013 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2308260/

Uneven direction, poorly shot, kind of an awkward story and I didn't feel any bond with any of the characters nor feel the emotion being displayed at the end of the film. Nevertheless, Robert Duvall is in the film.

First line from Duvall:

"I don't give a good Goddamn what I look like."

So, he's playing a cantankerous, outspoken old guy, and that's fun to watch from Duvall. The film ain't that good, but Robert Duvall won't be making many more movies, so....

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'll have to watch it. He's one of my favorite actors and he is 87YO.

It's included with Amazon Prime.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't expect much. I certainly wouldn't pay to see it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
He's 87? Damn!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I recall it felt like the plot of a couple movies you've seen already, mixed together. So watching it on say Netflix, it's enjoyable enough because it's familiar (because you've seen it already) and it's Duvall.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
When I saw the name "Duvall" attached to the movie, I of course had to watch it. Nothing noteworthy for sure but it's still worth seeing when nothing else is on. Duvall and Eastwood will both be missed when the time comes.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I also watched it. Nothing special but anything with Duvall is worth my time

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
I watched it on Prime a while back because it had Duvall in it.
Once was enough.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Duvall always makes any movie better. My personal favorite is Get Low.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched it a while back. It was okay but not something to buy unless it was in the $1 bin.

Can't say I'd watch it again but as noted, it was okay the first time around.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post