SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TCM Movie Alert : Two Seconds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TCM Movie Alert : Two Seconds Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I wont say anything about this one now, except that it's an early sound film starring Edward G. Robinson. DVR it and take a look when you can. It's kinda creaky, but there's something significant about this film. More on that later.

11:00 AM EST tomorrow

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, I have never seen that one.

Posts: 1294 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rizzle:
Thanks for the heads up, I have never seen that one.
That makes you part of a huge fraternity.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ll take a look. Went ahead and hit “record” on Little Giant too.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hit the record. maybe I'll get a chance to watch it later tonight. It does sound interesting.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warming up the tube now. Looking forward to it.
Edward G. could do it all.
Little Caesar.
The Sea Wolf.
Double Indemnity.
Done! Excellent performance by Robinson, especially the final courtroom scene.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
A headlong descent into madness, which first accelerates right after the shot of Bud spiraling down from up high. I liked to two scenes of John laying on the bed with Shirley in the background through the vertical jail bar tubes of the bed frame. And the final monologue was one of the finest - It isn't fair to let a rat live and kill a man.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ll admit that Edward G Robinson was mostly just a cartoon character to me: Yeah-h...See? The movie was intriguing and I was struck by how much different the 30s appeared to be than the 40s.

He was a good guy and he was naive, easy pickings for the woman who ultimately took his life.

I do hope para comes back into this thread and offers a bit of his insight.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post