Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justified Login/Join 
posted
Yes, I know I am late to the party but have just discovered this series in my local library. It reminds me a bit of Longmire but with superior writing and acting. I'm just starting season two.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B o y d C r o w d e r

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have lost count of how many times I've watched this series from start to finish. Great show. All of the characters are good. Raylan is something else. It is amazing how fast he clears a thumb break holster.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I've watched the series from start to finish 3 times now and I'm ready to start again. Strong, well defined characters with a great story line are what makes a series epic and Justified has it all.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Walton Goggins was as an all time great, multifaceted bad guy.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm currently halfway through season 4. I never finished season 5 so I figured it was a good excuse to rewatch from the beginning.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking through this list
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489428/fullcredits

7 times to find the black guy that always wanted to meet in the middle of the bridge, boyd ran to him for special favors

any one know the actors name ?

seems like he always had a giant cleaver handy

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I'm currently halfway through season 4. I never finished season 5 so I figured it was a good excuse to rewatch from the beginning.

I watched the whole series over this spring. Definitely worth it. Lots of great jokes and little things I'd missed before.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I am looking through this list
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489428/fullcredits

7 times to find the black guy that always wanted to meet in the middle of the bridge, boyd ran to him for special favors

any one know the actors name ?

seems like he always had a giant cleaver handy

Characters name was Elsie Limehouse played by Mykelti Williamson. Great character actor. He played Sgt Drucker in HEAT.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
And Benjamin Buford Blue

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mykelti Williamson also played Bubba in Forest Gump.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like just about everything Elmore Leonard did. Especially Justified.
And the women of Justified were great, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Limehouse cutting off Neal McDonough's arm with that cleaver was one of my favorite moments.

Such a great show.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The Witty scripting was superb!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Obviously, Art is my favorite character, especially in the first couple of seasons before he and Raylan have their tiff. Art's wit is well written and delivered by Nick Searcy. The scene where they are talking about the art dealer and Raylan makes the comment that he'd just as soon stick his dick in a blender, and Art never misses a beat and says "Well, that would solve some of my problems" was comic genius.

But, the sleeper for me is Dewey Crowe. I've known a dozen Dewey's over the years. He is perfectly written and scripted. The scene that sticks out to me is when Dewey is telling KSP that "He's Dewey Crowe" And if they didn't let him go, he'd sue them for "nalg-lious and malf-feassess". I laugh each time I hear that. And the "You mean I got FOUR KIDNEYS" was hilarious.

Of course I like Constable Bob.

So many great supporting characters.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
We dug coal.

Probably my favorite show on TV after I learned to suspend my disbelief a bit.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Obviously, Art is my favorite character, especially in the first couple of seasons before he and Raylan have their tiff. Art's wit is well written and delivered by Nick Searcy. The scene where they are talking about the art dealer and Raylan makes the comment that he'd just as soon stick his dick in a blender, and Art never misses a beat and says "Well, that would solve some of my problems" was comic genius.

But, the sleeper for me is Dewey Crowe. I've known a dozen Dewey's over the years. He is perfectly written and scripted. The scene that sticks out to me is when Dewey is telling KSP that "He's Dewey Crowe" And if they didn't let him go, he'd sue them for "nalg-lious and malf-feassess". I laugh each time I hear that. And the "You mean I got FOUR KIDNEYS" was hilarious.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qCYt37q41ak" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Art's my favorite as well. He gets all the great dialogue. The scene with him chasing the old bank robber, trying to escape by plane is classic.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Characters name was Elsie Limehouse played by Mykelti Williamson. Great character actor.

Mykelti Williamson also played Bubba in Forest Gump.

thats exactly was I was going to hunting for , to find out

thanks folks

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

I was so suprised when I found out the actor playing Dewey was an Australian!

It's a fantastic show and underappreciated compared to some others (Justified is better than the sopranos, for example)

Posts: 267 | Registered: November 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Limehouse cutting off Neal McDonough's arm with that cleaver was one of my favorite moments.

As Raylan commented later after that incident, "I disarmed him".

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post