New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justified Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Tons of great characters. The Bennetts in season 2 are all fantastic.

But Timothy Olyphant is just perfect as Raylan. His style and delivery make Raylan one of my favorite TV characters ever. Hilarious, cool and calm, with a great angry face and limited tolerance of any bullshit. It's a much more likeable character than his other great turn, Seth Bulloch.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody else old enough to think Raylan looks like Dobie Gillis
(Dwayne Hickman) ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Justified had one of the best or maybe even the best final episodes that I've ever seen.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watching the entire series...again Smile

My favorite seen is when Raylan runs over the bad guy with the towncar.

Then back over him.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
One of the very rare programs I binge-watched.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
One thing I loved about the series is that there are no perfect characters. Everyone has flaws, frailties, weaknesses. Especially the lead character. He fights for crap when he's drunk....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Justified is on my all time favorite list. Right at the top. As said above great writing, characters, and actors playing the characters.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
My favorite line from the whole series:

“Okay. Whoa. I’m on assignment by the federal government. You’re a hired gun thug for a crooked company. Now the only thing we’re on the same side of? Is— is like, this car.”

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I still remember the scene early on in the series when Raylan is followed out into the desert by two hit men and they all get out their cars and there is a stand off and he tells one of them not to take another step toward him.... and he does.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching this series again as well, bout half way thru.

Of course, Raylan and Boyd are off the charts as far as their character development and their interaction with each other.

I like Dickey Bennett and Dewy Crowe too, some comedic relief in just the right places.

Hellava series!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
God, I miss that show, everyone was great in it. For the older slightly out of shape guy, Art is our hero:

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
I miss that show, everyone was great in it. For the older slightly out of shape guy

watched episode 1 last night to think about maybe running through it all again. a few thoughts:
-boyd sure came a long way, both the character and how they wrote his dialogue. I didn't really notice, watching it the first time, how perfectly they set up the boyd/raylan relationship from the get-go.
-ava was never any hotter than right there at the beginning.
-my heart flutters a little when I see winona.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Boyd was supposed to die in the first episode when Raylan shot him at Ava's dining room table but the interplay between he and Raylan worked so well the writers decided to keep Boyd's character.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
What a lot of you can't truly appreciate is how real the characters are. Anyone from that area knows the Crowes,Bennets,And really all the characters. I know I do.

The only little problem with the show was,it's not just a 20 minute drive from Harlan to Lexington.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....also, I agree that the final episode was a quite satisfying way to tie everything together. Nothing important was left hanging..

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
We just started season 3 last night, watching it again like we do every summer when there isn't crap on television. It's always great to go back and watch, and I usually find something I missed previously.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is also in my top 10, maybe top 5 of all time. I have watched it completely twice; many sections several times. I may need to go edge to edge again.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I am looking through this list
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489428/fullcredits

7 times to find the black guy that always wanted to meet in the middle of the bridge, boyd ran to him for special favors

any one know the actors name ?

seems like he always had a giant cleaver handy

It was Bubba!!!!

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by callibird:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I am looking through this list
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489428/fullcredits

7 times to find the black guy that always wanted to meet in the middle of the bridge, boyd ran to him for special favors

any one know the actors name ?

seems like he always had a giant cleaver handy

It was Bubba!!!!

AKA Mykelti Williamson (his real name). He played Limehouse on Justified, gave shelter a couple times to Rylan's mother.

Also liked Mykelti Williamson in an old series named Boomtown.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw the pilot episode with my wife last night. Pretty entertaining. We'll likely continue.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post