SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Who would you put in your all time Heavy Metal band.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who would you put in your all time Heavy Metal band. Login/Join 
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted
I would have:
Ronnie James Dio on vocals.
Tony Iommi on guitar.
Tommy Lee on drums.
Steve Harris ob bass.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooch:

...Ronnie James Dio on vocals...

I grew up in the same small town, "Ronnie Dio and the Prophets" used to play at high school dances. They're having a tribute show for him on Sunday:

http://cortlandstandard.net/20...-annual-celebration/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Vocals - Phil Anselmo
Guitar- Dimebag Darrell
Bass- Rex Brown
Drums- Vinnie Paul

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
Vocals- Bon Scott

Guitar- Randy Rhoads

Bass- Steve Harris

Drums- Dave Lombardo

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Vocals - Phil Anselmo
Guitar- “Dimebag” Darrell Abbott
Bass- Rex Brown
Drums- Vincent “Vinnie” Paul Abbott

Arguably the tightest rhythm section of any metal band, ever. Live 101 Proof is one of my all-time favorite albums. Every band member was at the peak of their game by then.

Problem with these “dream team” band thought exercises is failing to account for how well all the players would actually play together. You’d likely end up with something like Chickenfoot. Sure, they’re all great in their own right, but the end product is maybe not that interesting.

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
This is hard. So many great musicians to choose from. For right now I would like to listen to a group comprised of these guys though...

Bass - John Myung from Dream Theater
Drums - Vinny Apice from Sabbath and Dio
Guitar - Zache Wylde from ozzy and BLS
vocal - David Draiman from disturbed

Like all things, these types of list tend to change, but I'd love to hear something from these 4 in a collaboration.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
Vocals - Dave Mustaine
Guitar - Zakk Wylde
Bass - Steve Harris
Drums - Danny Carey

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
not a metal guy, and he may not really be a metal guy, but I have enjoyed what I have heard from Richie Kotzen, (his own band, and Winery Dogs, )

Winery Dogs live is a great show

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Singer: Ozzy
Drummer: Tommy Lee
Bass: Lemmy Killmeister
Rhythm guitar: James Hetfield
Lead Guitar: John Petrucci

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How could any Heavy Metal band not have John Kay on vocals?

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:

If you’re talking about the Steppenwolf frontman, it’s because that isn’t “Heavy Metal.”

Another problem with these kinda threads, you get everything from Iron Butterfly to Blondie as a response. Razz

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Lemmy.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

If you’re talking about the Steppenwolf frontman, it’s because that isn’t “Heavy Metal.”

Another problem with these kinda threads, you get everything from Iron Butterfly to Blondie as a response. Razz

guilty, tho in my post above Kotzen did play with poison,
metal, or hairband, or both? no idea

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I guess whenever I hear the term "Heavy Metal" I think of the lyrics from the song Born to be Wild.

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

That was the first place I ever heard the term. I bought that on vinyl when it came out, always thought of that as heavy metal music.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
No one put Rob Halford on vocals?
Gar Samuelson on drums.
Chris Poland on guitar.
I guess Jason Newstead on bass maybe.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post