SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Looking for a new series to watch on the treadmill....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a new series to watch on the treadmill.... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Please give me a series to begin watching on the treadmill every morning. No comedies, I want a drama series of some type.
In a perfect world it would be a cross between Fauda (still one of my absolute favorites), The Unit (without the wife/girlfriend drama) and maybe 24.

Subtitles are okay, I'll be on the treadmill. Ideally available on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12316 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Have you seen Graceland?

Based on true events, different federal agencies agents living in a beach house in cali.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you seen Graceland?

Well crap. All 3 seasons of Graceland were removed from Netflix during a recent purge. Shoot.

ETA - It is on Hulu, so going to give it a shot!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12316 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
1. The Shield

2. Justified

3. Boardwalk Empire

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just finished the last of 'Justified' season 6 on Amazon prime. It Ramps up once you get into it, some good action.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Just finished the last of 'Justified' season 6 on Amazon prime. It Ramps up once you get into it, some good action.

I am in my third run through the series. I am skipping a few episodes I know in advance to be not too interesting, but overall it is one of the best series I have seen produced.

"How do you take your coffee"
"With a little bourbon"
Smile

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Narcos

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If you're a comic nerd and haven't watched Arrow and Flash you should give them a shot.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Nobel on Netflix. It has subtitles but is an outstanding show. Really similar to Fauda. It's about a Norwegian Special Forces team, and the after effects of a mission they did in Afghanistan. Very well done from a technical aspect, lots of Crye Precision, First Spear armor, HK416s and HK417s. and probably the best mass casualty scene that has ever been on the screen.

It's so good I'm in hopes they will be making a second season.

Oh, and it is probably a good cross between Fauda and The Unit. Smile It has some family stuff, but it is similar to Fauda where Doron's wife was a big part of the story. Erling (the main character) goes through some personal struggles with his wife due to the mission. She is also a main character due to her employment in the office of the Foreign Minister.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've been watching White Collar on Netflix and it's not bad at all.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Bloodline.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Narcos

This and has subtitles without having to add them.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ichi-go ichi-e
Picture of Underworld2086
posted Hide Post
comrade detective.

Posts: 696 | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Please give me a series to begin watching on the treadmill every morning. No comedies, I want a drama series of some type.
In a perfect world it would be a cross between Fauda (still one of my absolute favorites), The Unit (without the wife/girlfriend drama) and maybe 24.

Subtitles are okay, I'll be on the treadmill. Ideally available on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Strike Back on Amazon.
Although you didn't say if the treadmill was in your house, or a public gym.
If it's at a gym, you may want to watch it with the screen pointing away from prying eyes. Quite a few nude scenes. Good ones, too.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black Sails. Three seasons 30 episodes. A very good pirate series.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Woodwright's Shop, I am on season 26.
Last of the Summer Wine. Very funny English comedy.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Burn Notice

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip on Fauda; saw first episode, intense but realistic.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Thanks for the tip on Fauda; saw first episode, intense but realistic.

It get better.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post