SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Ranch on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ranch on Netflix Login/Join 
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted
I just found The Ranch on Netflix and have laughed my ass off. Has anyone seen it?

The Ranch link

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just finished Season 2. I'll start Season 3 in a couple of weeks. It's fun to see all the guests from That 70's Show.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Sam Elliot makes the show for me. We've binged 1 & 2 and are into Part 3.

Funny stuff.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Love this show, the seasons are too short

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
It's a good show. I relate to it a bit since I inherited Dad's cattle after his death, and I'm trying to stir some interest in my son for "ranching".

Prude alert!
I do wish they wouldn't drop so many F-bombs. There are lots more than the last two "Parts". Most of the time they don't even "enhance" the dialogue. I use them occasionally, but it's usually around the guys at work (army depot, lots of retired military).
Even the sexual situations don't bother me as much as the language.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Sam Elliot makes the show for me. We've binged 1 & 2 and are into Part 3.

Funny stuff.

I just found out about it about a month ago and watched all of them. Then my neighbor told me part 3 was on so I watch all 10. I'm ready for part 4 dammit.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Lots of potential and I really wanted to like it, but the laugh-track and delivery sucks.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Lots of potential and I really wanted to like it, but the laugh-track and delivery sucks.

This was my exact thought after watching several episodes to give it a chance. Didn't make the cut.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I couldn't make it through a single episode. Bad timing, I thought, and the laugh track was awful.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I couldn't make it through a single episode. Bad timing, I thought, and the laugh track was awful.

I dislike laugh tracks. I wish there was a way to turn them off. Like turning CC on and off. I know when something is funny or not.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
It has it's moments but a few things turn me off:

1. WAY too much emphasis on booze.

2. Colt is a moron.

3. I can't get past the notion that this sort of show is beneath Sam Eliot.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Watched the first one. Seems like the usual sit-com show I would expect to see Ashton Kutcher in.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like netflix is writing off one of the characters because of past alegations.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/...assault-allegations/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
It has it's moments but a few things turn me off:

1. WAY too much emphasis on booze.

2. Colt is a moron.

3. I can't get past the notion that this sort of show is beneath Sam Eliot.

And the unmitigated cursing - especially for Mr Eliot. He should only cuss on screen once (either film or season). That to me is why he doesn't seem to be in the right part.

OTOH - Mr. Eliot has explained he had never perform in a comedy and wanted to give it a shot - kind of like Gene Hackman in Young Frankenstein.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We like it. I think new episodes are being released in a week or two as well.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

This was my exact thought after watching several episodes to give it a chance. Didn't make the cut.....

Figured we’d give this a go since it was a comedy and we just came off The Five and The Punisher so something a little more light hearted would have been nice.

But this was crap. The laugh track was quite annoying and every scene just got more uncomfortable and akward.
Finished the 1st episode but not going to bother with any more.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I really like the show and the laugh track being off seems on par with the show, because one will tell a joke the laugh track will hit and you will see one of them pause for it or Sam Elliot will start to smile.

Sad to hear about Danny Masterson's current bout of legal trouble.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post