SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone see the new Predator yet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone see the new Predator yet? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Curious to hear some reviews. The original is one of my favorite movies, went down hill fast after that.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Curious as well, was excited for it until I saw the trailer. Looks really dumb.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
More downhill. Put on your skis.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Dumb. Really dumb. Very, very, really dumb.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

If they had any anti-Trump jabs I missed them. But they threw in how Global Warming was going to kill us all off in a couple generations, so the Predators were hunting here more frequently, because everyone enjoys hunting endangered species, like Twinkies when they stopped making those.

Also, they made the Death Star bigger. Yep the Predators are genetically engineering themselves to double size. Oh, but some Predators like us. Autism is the next step in evolution, and the Predators want to incorporate it, very Borg.

Lots, and lots of "explanations" as to why the Predators do what they do. US Gov't is evil and kills its own citizens. Oh, and a Predator gets on a PA system and announces the rules of the hunt.

Every time I thought it had reached maximum stupid, I was wrong.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
After watching that wretched crap, I had to rinse the taste out of my brain. So I went home and watched the original "Predator".

Damn. That is a good movie. No one acts stupid. No stupid theorizing. Sure they get killed, but not because they were stupid. The closest arguable stupid moment is when mud completely blocks infrared heat signatures. But that is a minor quibble.

The movie is from the eighties, but holds up really well.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I was sorely disappointed. Poor attempts at humor. Three people riding on the outside of the Predator spacecraft. The upgrade Predator was killed way to easily. Major disappointment.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Skip.
Glad it only cost me $5 to watch it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another complete and utter disappointment. Here’s an opportunity to make an awesome movie and they flush it down the toilet. Just like with the most recent Star Wars movie, no one seems to watch the previous films and tries to figure out what made them great. They just turn out utterly forgettable fluff at best or complete garbage. Do any of the modern directors have any pride in what they do?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe Shane Black (writer & director) was in the original Predator Eek but, pumped out this disaster. I haven't even seen it and all the feedback I've gotten is AVOID, DONT GO, DUMB

Maybe he's just pumping out content for the studios so he remains relevant for future projects... Roll Eyes

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I hate to say I'm not surprised. I honestly believed it would be terrible, but had hoped I would be proven wrong. Well I guess I will continue not patronising the cinema.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original Predator scared me (I was a kid) and was a good film.

This one was a comedy at best. I laughed a lot, not something I would expect from a predator movie.

Catch this one on cable.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder where they get the ideas for these films? There are some fantastic Predator books that would make great movies.

I recall one book that had some high-end hunters engaged on an illegal hunt on a Far Eastern island. Turns out that they weren't the only hunter there....

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
MauLer on YouTube saw it for me! Thanks for saving me money, buddy!

WARNING: LANGUAGE IS NSFW.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
predators with autism??

Ok....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
predators with autism??

Ok....

Sadly, that isn't even the dumbest thing in the movie. There was so much stupidity, that it was painful to watch.

It is as if the movie makers deliberately wanted to destroy the franchise. The only thing that even comes close is what Disney has done to Star Wars. It made AVP 1 & 2 look like Oscar material.

posted Hide Post
Usually they can at least make a short preview look kick-ass. The first few times I saw it, I assumed it was a new TV series on some channel like Sci-Fi.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post