SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Echo In The Canyon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Echo In The Canyon Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Here's a documentary I want to see. It seems to have limited screenings; there's only one theater in my area that has showtimes.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I just ran across this on Netflix.

Good show with the music a lot of us grew up with.

I give it a thumbs up.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3473 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it and thought it was interesting but didn't care for the covers done by the Jakob Dillon and the others. Would have much preferred to hear and see more of the originals and the performances that this documentary was about.

Also, hearing the 20- or 30-somethings that were attempting to cover the tunes of the originals was bad enough, watching them trying to give what I suppose they thought were deep insights about the artists was pointless. I couldn't care less about what they felt or thought and I felt it took valuable time away from the point of the film.

I thought Jakob Dillon did a good job with this documentary - ask the subject a question then let them tell their story with no interruption - but it would have been better to have less time given to his friends who were trying so hard to be earnest and groovy.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post