SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    'How much time do we have left?' 'About 25 mins'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'How much time do we have left?' 'About 25 mins' Login/Join 
Serenity now!
posted
Growing up as an 80's kid this was one of the best shows. The cars, the guns and of course the scantily dressed women..oh my..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice, one of my top 3 favorite TV shows.

(Other two are 24 & Justified)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Classic 80's and I loved it. Yes, I watched it just about every week.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I just sold my Bren Ten. Frown

This and Magnum were the two shows that defined my childhood

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Reviving this thread - just realized last night that Miami Vice is available to stream for free (with some short 5-30 second ads) on Amazon Prime. Reliving some of my favorite TV memories from my youth.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing a black 365 Daytona convertible being restored in a shop west of Chicago in the mid-1980's, so the car was not very old. Two things shocked me: first, how bad the trunk was rusted out (apparently an issue with the cars), and second, the Lucas regulator under the hood--who'da thought Enzo would use Prince of Darkness electrics? Eek

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Favorite Miami Vice episode: The Glades.
"Maybe you wont even twitch"!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Is it streaming anywhere? It was a bit before my time.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when the clothes first came out. You couldn't go to a mall anywhere without seeing a bunch of guys with their jacket sleeves rolled up in all kinds of pastel colors,me included.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I remember seeing a black 365 Daytona convertible being restored in a shop west of Chicago in the mid-1980's, so the car was not very old. Two things shocked me: first, how bad the trunk was rusted out (apparently an issue with the cars), and second, the Lucas regulator under the hood--who'da thought Enzo would use Prince of Darkness electrics? Eek

Interesting thing about the MV Daytona, it wasn't a real Ferrari, the car(s) were clones built on a corvette chassis, and Enzo wasn't happy with that and sued the builder.

Producers didn't want legal issues and that is the story for the reason it blown up on screen and was replaced with a real Ferrari, a white Testarossa...

Link

Posts: 23447 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Reviving this thread - just realized last night that Miami Vice is available to stream for free (with some short 5-30 second ads) on Amazon Prime. Reliving some of my favorite TV memories from my youth.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:

duh... read the thread. Smile

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Definitely at the top of my favorite show list. Growing up in Miami in the 80's was a bonus!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Interesting thing about the MV Daytona, it wasn't a real Ferrari...

You're right! I forgot about that.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post