SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie quotes you use at work
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie quotes you use at work Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, it starts off;

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
At my last job a lot of tools got borrowed by different mechanics.My favorite line was. " Hey homie that my......"

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
There was another time when a young lady said "This one time, when I was at band camp," and we all started stifling laughter. She had no idea.
I asked that she not not tell me what instrument she played.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
What are yours? I often use a lot of quotes from Frank Drebin. My favorite is

"Not one man on this force will rest until the killer is brought to justice. Now, let's go get a bite to eat".

And

"Here's the missing evidence in the Kelner case. I'll be damned, he was innocent"
"Frank, he went to the chair three years ago"

Love those.... You can find a Frank Drebin quote for damn near any situation.

Also, from Dumb and Dumber..

"Big Gulps eh??? Whelp... See you later..."

I use it nearly every time I exit a room.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Most all of The Godfather 1 & 2, some Tombstone and ever frequently the line from The Messenger when God is talking to Joan in prison: “That’s before you even consider the inexplicable!”

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
You nerve wracking sons'a bitches.

Think of a Happy Place, Think of a Happy place.

I'm your huckleberry

What in the wide, wide, world of sports is a'goin' on here?

There's a doins transpiring

The troubles is that due to a career change, I mostly work with people from Africa and they don't get the references.

My old job, we had a ton of them.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
You're killing me, Smalls.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
You're killing me, Smalls.

Haha, yeah, this one gets used quite a bit here on the ship.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Badges?...........

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
"You suck! Ya jackass!"

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I got no more use for this guy.

(From "My Cousin Vinny," passing a witness.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to someone who sleeps under the blanket of protection which I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd rather you just said thank you, and went on your way.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Nooo...And I don't care!"

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
When asked if an idea will work: "60% of the time it works every time"

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Usually in a sarcastic tone

So, I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Office Space, all of it. Thank you Mike Judge.

This

Just today my manager of Indian (Hindu) origins asked something completely unreasonable.

The statement ended with...that would be great.

I could just HEAR that voice.....and he has no clue of Office Space.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've been retired now for over a decade. And I don't recall offhand just what movies and characters were involved with these two that I used on occasion:

"Eat my shorts!"

"Bite me!"

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

"Eat my shorts!"

That would be Walter Matthau in Grumpy Old Men.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

I don't know. I'm makin' this up as I go.

Now there's something you don't see everyday.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
At fleet accidents:

They'll be able to buff that out, no problem - trains planes and automobiles

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.- Spicoli

during interogations:

I'd like full and docile co-operation on every topic.- Dudley

to rookies:

You just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement: make sure when your shift is over you go home alive. Here endeth the lesson. - Mike malone

Strange things are afoot at the circle K- Bill and Ted

I've got a bad feeling about this- Han solo

Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda

And finally: the kick off transmission for all non tactical operations is :"All units, Irene." (Black Hawk Down)

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post