SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie quotes you use at work
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie quotes you use at work Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If I'm at work and downing my fistful of daily vitamins and pills, I'll precede it with, "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop popping pills".

To be accurate, the actual line is, "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Not a movie quote. One from the Firesign Theater: "He's no fun, he fell right over".

Like that one, have also used:
"Fun's over over folks, back in the bus."

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
If I'm at work and downing my fistful of daily vitamins and pills, I'll precede it with, "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop popping pills".

To be accurate, the actual line is, "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines".

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
"I wouldn't say I've been 'missing' it, Bob."

We actually had a pair of Bobs in my group at one time, and yes we referred to them as "The Bobs" Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
“You gunna eat that?”
“Mind if we dance wif yo dates?”

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Thank you helpy helperton. Ace Ventura

What in the name of Zeus's butthole?

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
220, 221, whatever it takes.

Electrical Engineer here,

This line gets used often around the office.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Another one I use when I'm blocking traffic and eventually someone will pull up and ask if that marked police car completely blocking the road means that they can go around it.

"Sorry folks, parks closed. Moose out front should have told ya"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
There are several I use but this is my favorite and I love to use it with attorneys representing vendors and service providers. Like most attorneys, they love to make their obligations vague and illusory. They also love to further water them down with stuff like: "will use commercially reasonable efforts to endeavor ...".

I always delete these terms and quote Yoda.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
"I wouldn't say I've been 'missing' it, Bob."

We actually had a pair of Bobs in my group at one time, and yes we referred to them as "The Bobs" Big Grin

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Ar-right den

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Negative ghostrider

Posts: 635 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
Dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!

Posts: 1305 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
It's only a flesh wound.

That'll buff right out.

Never tell me the odds.

I'll be back.

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Marines we are leaving!

Dude, my dad's got a gnarly set of tools.

Its not about what I believe, its about what I can prove.

Wash day tomorrow, nothing clean, right?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
If a couple of people are talking and there is an awkward pause someone usually throws out "Big Gulps, huh?..... All right!.... Well, see you later."

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Pretty much anything applicable (or modifiable) from Tombstone. Especially and almost exclusively Doc Holliday.

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Oh, and "Beuller!?" Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Oh you da man Clifford Franklin, you da man!

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Get to the chopppah!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post