SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie quotes you use at work
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie quotes you use at work Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
What are yours? I often use a lot of quotes from Frank Drebin. My favorite is

"Not one man on this force will rest until the killer is brought to justice. Now, let's go get a bite to eat".

And

"Here's the missing evidence in the Kelner case. I'll be damned, he was innocent"
"Frank, he went to the chair three years ago"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
"I wouldn't say I've been 'missing' it, Bob."

"You'll get no sympathy from me! You want sympathy, look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis!"

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
"I guess I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue."

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Team effort:

"Surely you jest"
"Don't call me Shirley"

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
"have fun storming the castle!"

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Not a movie quote. One from the Firesign Theater: "He's no fun, he fell right over".

And one from Animal House: "You f***** up, you trusted us".

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Candygram for Mongo" (whenever I've picked a package for someone).

I may be dating myself...

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"I'll be back."

"I got a bad feeling about this."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It’s a Seinfeld line, but I use it daily.... “That’s a shame”. (In your best sarcastic voice)

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Hunt for Red October: 'This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.'

Mostly when I was at our HQs, not so much now that I'm out of there.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A man has got to know his limitations."

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
We have entire conversations at work using nothing but movie quotes.
Recurring themes are “Star Wars”
“I have a bad feeling about this.”
And
“O Brother Where Art Thou”
“Can’t I depend on you people!?”

Yes, I work for the DoD

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Piss on you, I work for Mel Brooks.

Hey, where all the white women at?

We're going to need a bigger boat!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
"What knockers!" (I spend a lotta time in HR.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Typically used when discussing with other officers a frequent flyer that's been arrested yet again for the eleventy-seventh time this month.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Sneaky fucking Russian.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them." - Actually, I say this more when gaming but have used it at work.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Not a movie quote. One from the Firesign Theater: "He's no fun, he fell right over".

And one from Animal House: "You f***** up, you trusted us".

Whoa! Firesign Theater. Fire up the wayback machine!

Sister Mary Elephant: "Class...Claaasssss!...SHUT UP!"

"THANK You"

I do the "Thank You" in that snarky voice a lot.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
"What knockers!" (I spend a lotta time in HR.)

One of the two or three funniest movies of all time.

"Put...the candle...back!"

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
From Rumpelstiltskin: "Fucketh me."

Wife and I were watching that and missed the next 5 minutes of the movie cuz we were laughing so hard we couldn't see.

That's been many years ago and we still use it from time to time.