SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie quotes you use at work
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie quotes you use at work Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Another that I use frequently (and I have no idea where it's from) is to stand up and announce to anyone within hearing:

"OK, I'm leaving. I've done enough damage for one day."

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Paraphrasing from Happy Gilmore:

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything resembling an actual answer. Everyone in this room is dumber for having heard it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Dodgeball, Office Space, and Tombstone are also popular.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Bunch of savages in this town" - Clerks

"How's it going, Eisenhower?" - Stripes (Almost anytime I see one of my bosses in their dress uniforms with all their medals)

I paraphrase from Catch-22:
"Ok, let me see if I've got this straight. In order to not go out on the street, I've got to be crazy. And I must be crazy to keep hitting the street. But if I ask to not hit the street, that means I'm not crazy anymore, and I have to keep hitting the street."

At more than one homicide scene, the words "Well, he died. You don't get any older than that" have been uttered.

"I'm going to live forever, or die in the attempt"

A few from Dr Strangelove as well:
A few good arguments in the Tact Office or bar after work: "You cant fight in here, this is the war room!"

"Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything resembling an actual answer. Everyone in this room is dumber for having heard it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Billy Madison. But in your defense, those movies (and most of his work) is the same.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Hey, you can't park that thing here.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, I'm getting forgetful in my old age, missing that reference:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
"I guess I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue."

I have used this, to the astonishment of the recipient, who had apparently not seen the flick.
Cool

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Movie quotes you use at work

"Nuts!" - General McAuliffe, Battle of The Bulge

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a couple I found handy.

"Head 'em up, Move 'em out." One of the younger fellas said 'Cool, that's the Blues Brothers." Although he was close, no cigar..Rawhide.

The other was "The game's afoot". Good ol Sherlock Holmes.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

Thank you!

I have (unfortunately) been dealing with someone at work who comes up with "great ideas" (i.e., idiotic suggestions) that would mean more work for me if I listened. Luckily I am able to ignore him. But, the other day, he suggested something and I thought of this. However, I had only heard it once before and had no idea where it was from.

Now, I am going print it out and keep it on my desk. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him.

Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"like a monkey fucking a football out there.". Days of Thunder - at my last job

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
"like a monkey fucking a football out there.". Days of Thunder - at my last job

I use this one as well, but I wasn't aware it was from a movie.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post