SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie quotes you use at work
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie quotes you use at work Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"I need the machine that goes 'bing'".

quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:"I guess I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue."

One night during a particularly difficult case I made the comment, "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking." A cute young nurse looked up at me and said "I didn't know you smoked." I was saddened by the fact that not only did she not get the reference but that I was SO much older than her. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gustofer,

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
"Where am I going to get 1.21 gigawatts?!"

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
At wrecks with heavy damage to cars...NON injury/NO drivers present....I always liked that Caddyshack quote... "Oh! He got all of that one".

Many years back ,when I was partnered with a fellow "Monty Python" fan, upon our arrival at most anything, George loved to say... "What's all THIS then"?

And even funnier, was he was like 6'-8" and actually LOOKED a bit like John Cleese.

Arriving at an incident/scene...and fellow Officers were there. I always liked that classic Mel Brooks line; Where's the white woman"?

Or when asked my opinion at Staff meetings... "Mongo just small cog in big wheel of life".

No wonder I never went very far in the Agency.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
There are many that we repeat on the ship. The first to come to mind though was Captain Ron.

"It's the tides. They work for you or against you."

And of course:
"Well if anything's gonna happen it's gonna happen out there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
...Many years back ,when I was partnered with a fellow "Monty Python" fan, upon our arrival at most anything, George loved to say... "What's all THIS then"?

I use that regularly!!

I also frequently adapt quotes from The Big Lebowski.

My favorite to use though, when I catch an employee fibbing or embellishing something, is from The Princess Bride, "We are men of action. Lies do not become us."

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result. Winston Churchill

Maybe not in a movie, but use that a lot in my personal life and at work.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think lime a Vegan.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
When someone leaves at the end of their shift,
“Good night, (name). Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.”

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
This one goes to 11.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Yea, that'll buff right out.

Abby, Abby Normal. When referring to new employees.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Office Space, all of it. Thank you Mike Judge.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some day I have to sit down with both movies, and figure which has more memorable quotes: Princess Bride, or Casablanca! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Lately we've been doing some renovations at work, so I've been using Roman Maroni lines from Johnny Dangerously like:

"Knock down that wall, knock down that wall, and knock down that fargin' wall!"

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
"What knockers!" (I spend a lotta time in HR.)

One of the two or three funniest movies of all time.

"Put...the candle...back!"

I work with a lady named Abby,,,

I think of her as Abby Normal

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
but it is only wafer thin,,, is a common quote in the lyman house,,,

as well as 'good thing you were hit by that train' or some variation of it,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upon being told of significant changes to an almost finish set of engineering plans I liked to say “we can’t do that dude, that fucks up our plan”

When someone does something that doesn’t make since “I don’t get big Dan”

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
"Ask any racer, any REAL racer: it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning!"

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
"A man has got to know his limitations."

That one and "Tis but a flesh wound".

But, by far, the most worthy ass chewing I got was after getting recorded giving my favorite Tombstone quote, from Doc Holiday, to a particularly bad gang banger we were arresting years ago:

Officer 1: "Don't move!"

Me: "Nonsense, by all means, move" Big Grin

Oh, and with a nod to Deadwood, I slip in a "Cocksucker" every chance I get. My favorite is probably "White-shirt Cocksuckers", whenever we are dealt some stupidity that someone who hasn't worked the street in a decade came up with.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
220, 221, whatever it takes.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post