SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Osweiler, I Guess the Broncos Didn't "Screw Up."
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Osweiler, I Guess the Broncos Didn't "Screw Up." Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
When you see what Houston paid Brock, and compare his salary to the time-tested, premier QBs in the league, you gatta shake your head.

Insanity.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Brock has a shitload of money and a Super Bowl Championship ring. Hopefully he can find a system where his talents will be the right fit.

Not too sure Cleveland is it though. I heard they were already trying to trade him.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I suspect he won't be on the Browns sidelines on opening day...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
This deal is pure Money ball. Cleveland has $100mil in cap space. They bought a 2nd Rd pick and when a team looses a QB, Cleveland will be there ready to move him. Look at all the picks Cleveland has amassed.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Maybe, but the point is that Houston gave up on Osweiler, moving him and a 2nd round pick, just to rid themselves of the iron albatross of that ridiculous salary

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be. How do the Texans expect to get better by constantly changing everything?

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
John Elway knows what he is doing and can evaluate a Quarterback, especially one that he has watched in practice for 2 years. The Broncos offered Osweiller a nice contract, but not elite QB money, he jumped ship for the elite QB money. He would likely have been coached up at Denver to be an above avg. QB and paid avg. or above average.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man - only in the NFL can you make that kind of money for having accomplished almost nothing.

Good for him - but as he is discovering it is unsustainable.

Be interesting to see if can find a long-term team and produce long-term results.

----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
They are partying here in Houston now that they pulled that one off. Eek
Being now primarily a Cowboy fan I have mixed emotions if/when Romo comes to the Texans. Frown

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post