SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    10 Cloverfield Lane on Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 Cloverfield Lane on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
10 Cloverfield Lane is on Amazone Prime.

Been wanting to see it and watched it last night and was not disappointed. John Goodman was terrific as the paranoid and creepy yet intelligent survivalist. Lots of plot twists and surprises. Check it out if you like this type film.

"A young woman wakes up after a terrible accident to find that she's locked in a cellar with a doomsday prepper, who insists that he saved her life and that the world outside is uninhabitable following an apocalyptic catastrophe. Uncertain what to believe, the woman soon determines that she must escape at any cost."

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10_cloverfield_lane/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I quite enjoyed that film.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Oh nice I remember being curious about this movie but never saw it. I will have to check it out.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I was completely surprised at the ending and how much I enjoyed the movie.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just saw it due to this thread. My favorite line from Club Dread is in this movie: "Oh, come on!" I laughed so hard when she said it. And that look she had in the truck after the crash. So hilarious.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
I was completely surprised at the ending and how much I enjoyed the movie.

Me too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My wife and I really enjoyed it.

John Goodman did a great job.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. I saw it before the rest of the family and really enjoyed watching their reactions while they viewed it.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Good, except for the ending.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

My thoughts exactly.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't be a JJ Abrams production without some sort of disappointing element. That decision to go to Houston was lame.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say this every time he's brought up, but Goodman is a tremendously underrated actor with surprising range. He was good in this one, although I think they could have gone any number of directions with it and was overall disappointed that it was...

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this movie was a good ride. Looking forward to the inevitable tie-ins.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liked it enough, but felt more like a tv movie.

Posts: 369 | Registered: April 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

My thoughts exactly.

Me too. Watched it last night and the ending ruined it for me.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Caught it yesterday. Great until the end, but I was not as disappointed in the end as some say. Favorite part, with Orguss, was "Oh, come on", carried off well. Overall, an entertaining movie. Goodman plays his part well.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Goodman always earns his paycheck. Can't think of a movie where he didn't give it his all.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
For those that are disappointed in the ending. Did you see Cloverfield?

The reason that I ask is I think they are trying to tell a coherent story across the movies with Cloverfield in the title. I think the events in Cloverfield relate to the events at the end of 10 Cloverfield lane.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I don't see how they correlate, unless the monster that hits New York was some sort of biological warfare created by the aliens in the end of Lane.

I'm not disappointed by the presence of aliens. I just thought it was stupid that after surviving a kidnapping and then encountering alien lifeforms, she'd suddenly become this guerrilla warfighter and go off to the front to fight aliens.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I watched this last night and thought it was pretty good.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post