SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Terminator: Dark Fate (Terminator 6)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terminator: Dark Fate (Terminator 6) Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
...we now live in a world with 17 Princess Bride sequels, each more terrible than the last.

Noooooo.....

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Can anyone tell me how Arnold could keep a dog in the movie? I thought they hated Terminators
Not all dogs hate terminators. I read the novelized T2 many moons ago. Max(Wolfy) was trained by Sarah to detect terminators to serve as early warning for John. That's why he was barking incessantly in his cage when fake Janelle was cutting vegetables in the house. The T-1000 later kills Max, saw his name on the dog tag, and realized he has been tricked by the T-800.

I guess he found one that was cyborg-friendly. Big Grin

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They've effectively terminated the Terminator franchise with this movie. Good.

Terminator: Dark Fate Officially a Dark Flop

Posts: 33760 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I'll watch it on disc just for Mackenzie Davis and she is a stunner to me. IE she is mind blowing! But I knew this would be a flop. I hope all the superho Marvel films flop too, and Star Wars and anything Disney makes.

This has been the worst year for film in my entire life. Between SJW, remaking played out shit, and the main fact: all the studios are pouring money into dumb series on 10 different streaming services instead of making solid films. You want to see a good film this year? Watch Scorcese's new film and the new Safdie brothers film with Adam Sandler that comes out next month. Reviews of Uncut Gems have been off the charts. Which is why you should watch their last film, Good Time with Robert Pattinson. It should have won all the Oscars when it came out.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It is on Amazon Prime now so I am just now watching it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I'll watch it on disc just for Mackenzie Davis and she is a stunner to me. IE she is mind blowing! But I knew this would be a flop. I hope all the superho Marvel films flop too, and Star Wars and anything Disney makes.

This has been the worst year for film in my entire life. Between SJW, remaking played out shit, and the main fact: all the studios are pouring money into dumb series on 10 different streaming services instead of making solid films. You want to see a good film this year? Watch Scorcese's new film and the new Safdie brothers film with Adam Sandler that comes out next month. Reviews of Uncut Gems have been off the charts. Which is why you should watch their last film, Good Time with Robert Pattinson. It should have won all the Oscars when it came out.

she was good in The Martian and Blade Runner,

re the movie, it was OK,

kinda typical, and better than a few others in the series,

I guess if he (Arnuldnater) raise the dog from a pup it may not care he was a terminator

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
**spoilers**

Killing John Conner in the opening scene completely negated the ending of the terminator 2, arguably one of the best sequels of all time. It also, added a weird "there will always be one" and "there will always be judgement day" but yet they preached the "no fate but what you make" as well. The whole movie is an existential failure for Terminator fans.

Having said all that, I rather loved the violence of it. vehicles and machines and mayhem were well done. Mackenzie was great as an augmented, and I loved her snarky attituded " . . . who is the super augmented super soldier from the future, hmm?" But in reality it contributed nothing, did not tell an original story and just mucked up the current movies.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
**spoilers**

Killing John Conner in the opening scene completely negated the ending of the terminator 2, arguably one of the best sequels of all time.

It ruined the first (and best) Terminator movies which should have been left right at that: T1 and T2 Roll Eyes

I will treat this movie just as I treat the past 3 new Star Wars movies; non-canon BULLSHIT that should have never been made as it ruined the original Trilogy.

Star Wars ended for me right at the scene on Endor in ROTJ where Luke sees the Force Ghosts of Obi Wan Kenobi, his father and Yoda all looking on proudly.

Posts: 33760 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, it wasn't good. Just watched it on Amazon. I'm so tired of these woke reboots of classic IP's that are just Hollywood propaganda, and nothing more.

The action scenes were pretty good, but as Redstone says, it contributed nothing.

More in-depth, lengthy, and humorous commentary here:

Posts: 17111 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch it on Prime but only got a few minutes into before I had to bail. They had some sort of voice-over that was verbally describing absolutely everything that was happening, beginning with how the Paramount logo was being displayed. It's not CC, it's something else. WTELF?

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have narration for the blind turned on in your settings.

Posts: 17111 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't that apply to everything? It only does it on this one show.

Actually I didn't even know there was such a setting. I'll have to go look for it.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Descriptive audio. I turn it on sometimes when I couldn't figure out what the characters were doing.

I didn't need it for this one... Razz

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
One thing I'll say in favor of the film is that the Rev7 is actually pretty damn cool. As a concept, it makes a lot of sense, and the aesthetics of the endoskeleton were especially visually interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Wouldn't that apply to everything? It only does it on this one show.

I have no idea, but if you have an account that other people in your family access, someone else could have maybe turned them on without saying anything about it. Other than that, I couldn't hazard a guess.

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Descriptive audio. I turn it on sometimes when I couldn't figure out what the characters were doing.

I didn't need it for this one... Razz

Thank you, that was it. I'd never heard of it before and I had to do some googling to find out how to turn it off, but it did the trick. Now I can watch the movie in relative peace.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've only seen 1 and 2. From the comments here, I haven't really missed much.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post