SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Terminator: Dark Fate (Terminator 6)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terminator: Dark Fate (Terminator 6) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
It looks like T6 is supposed to be a direct sequel to T2: Judgement Day (1991) and ignore T3, T4 and T5.

I thought T3 wasn't bad, but to me T4 and T5 were steaming piles of shit that just should never have been made.

What do you all think? This could actually be pretty good!

Is that a Chiappa Rhino there on Sarah Connor?

quote:

Cast:

Arnold Schwarzenegger as T-800 "Model 101"
--Brett Azar serves as the body double for a younger T-800, with Schwarzenegger's 1991 facial likeness being applied through the use of CGI.

Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor: The mother of John Connor, who will become the future leader of the Resistance in the war against Skynet.
--CGI will be applied to recreate Hamilton’s facial likeness from 1991 in flashback scenes.

Mackenzie Davis as Grace, a soldier-assassin sent from the future to protect Dani Ramos from a new Terminator.
--Stephanie Gil as young Grace.

Gabriel Luna as a Terminator with the ability to split into two separate units. It has been sent to terminate Dani Ramos.

Natalia Reyes as Dani Ramos, a young woman targeted for termination by the new Terminator.

Diego Boneta as Miguel Ramos, Dani’s brother.

Enrique Arce

Jude Collie as John Connor: The son of Sarah Connor, who is destined to save humanity, years in the future, from an apocalyptic war against the machines as leader of the Resistance.
--Collie serves as the body double for a younger John Connor, with Edward Furlong's 1991 facial likeness being applied through the use of CGI.

Wikipedia link

Linda Hamilton Calls ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ a “Return to Form” for the Franchise

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
OMG! I am super excited about this. Just got done watching through the Terminator movie series (again, lol), and I agree.....1 & 2 stand head & shoulders above the others, though 3 isn't terrible, and I don't mind 4 (Salvation). Number 5 COULD have been good, but for all the messing with the timeline & pretending/erasing events from previous films.

In order, imho, from best to worst: 2, 1, 3, then a tie for worst 4/5.

Posts: 1728 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Another person targeted by a time travelling terminator?

Skynet is apparently stupid.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed T4.

The movie had way too much stuff IMO and nowadays puts me to sleep in no time. 3 and 5 I can do without.

Bring in the chicks from the TV series...

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's a Rhino she's packing.

With James Cameron in the mix, and the director of Deadpool at the helm, I think this has some real potential.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
If Mackenzie Davis is in it, you can count me in!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that a Chiappa Rhino there on Sarah Connor?

Yep

Posts: 32487 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
James Cameron is the heart and soul of the Terminator series. I find I respond more towards a movie's look, feel, atmosphere, ambience, and tone more than pure story purposes. The first film was a great gritty, cheap, exciting b-movie popcorn thriller. The second did an excellent job of updating the series to expensive summer blockbuster status, with state-of-the-art CGI AUGMENTING and not REPLACING elaborate stunts and practical effects.

As such, the Cameron-less sequels felt too light and fast-foodie and video gamey and soulless for my taste. As opposed to a big expensive big screen summer event, those films felt designed to be watched on USA or F/X in the background on a lazy weekend while you fold laundry.

Even with Cameron back as co-writer and producer, I don't know if they can make those epic-feeling films with some weight anymore. Once in a while they can squeak through, like some of those Christopher Nolan movies. I'll probably check this new one out, but I'm not expecting anything different than the previous post-2 sequels. It doesn't help that it's from the director of Deadpool. I suppose the problem is that, in my old age, I've been craving some meat in my filmmaking instead of all this cotton candy. I hope it's at least rated R!

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm excited, love the franchise even though it's gone down hill.

The Christan Bale one could have been the best Transformers movie.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I liked Salvation way more than Rise of the Machines and Genisys but wish they would just kill the Terminator series, altogether. Everytime they put a new one out, it just drives further the point that Skynet should have sent back dozens of Terminators to a single point in time rather than different Terminators to different times.

I mean what are we gonna see next? Terminators sent back to kill Sarah's great grandfather during WW1 or something?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I question whether we have the psychology to keep ANY of these franchises going (Trek,Bond, Star Wars, etc). Most of these films were products of the cold war. With no cold war tensions, I don't think we have the right frame of mind.

Worse still, James Cameron has said in interviews that this will be a female centric movie. That gives me pause...

Don't get me wrong, female heroes are great but it's a bad sign when they hammer the idea home from the very beginning.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm in!! Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Should'a stopped at 1.

Of course I remember 2.

I've seen all the others and I'll be damned if I can remember the who, what, why on any of them.
I can remember Christian Bale was in one of them, past that.... I got nothing.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Terminator: Dark Fate actually takes place after Terminator 2 and will pretend the other sequels never happened

Ha, it's a deal! I'm in. Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Should'a stopped at 1.

Of course I remember 2.

I've seen all the others and I'll be damned if I can remember the who, what, why on any of them.
I can remember Christian Bale was in one of them, past that.... I got nothing.

Jet lag has nothing on Time travel and people mucking with the 'line.

It unravels the fringe.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Damn they look old.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Damn they look old.

That was my first thought too! Hard to believe The Terminator came out 35 years ago...

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Damn they look old.

That was my first thought too! Hard to believe The Terminator came out 35 years ago...

And had the best lines .............. “Fuck you asshole”

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For fuck's sake. It should be entitled Terminator: We're All the Fuck Out of Original Ideas and We Need Money

If I were king, there would be no more Hollywoood. I'd dismantle that sad, phony shit in a heartbeat.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
New Trailer out. I really don't understand why? why?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post