SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Terminator: Dark Fate (Terminator 6)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terminator: Dark Fate (Terminator 6) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by White Phosphorus:
Worse still, James Cameron has said in interviews that this will be a female centric movie. That gives me pause...

Don't get me wrong, female heroes are great but it's a bad sign when they hammer the idea home from the very beginning.

V.

Cameron's films have always had strong female leads, if not prominent feature. It's the media that's pushing the notion (and movie makers parroting) the idea that 'it's time' to have more female leads.

Terminator Franchise - Sarah Conner (Linda Hamilton)
Aliens- Ridley (Signory Weaver)
Abyss - Lindsey Bingham (Mary Elizabeth Mastrontonio)
Titanic - Rose (Kate Winslet)

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Cameron's films have always had strong female leads, if not prominent feature.

Terminator Franchise - Sarah Conner (Linda Hamilton)
Aliens- Ridley (Signory Weaver)
Abyss - Lindsey Bingham (Mary Elizabeth Mastrontonio)
Titanic - Rose (Kate Winslet)

Not strong enough, apparently. You butchered both the character name and actor name.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just what we need another Terminator movie, and this one with the geriatric versions of the original characters. Hollywood is truly bankrupt of new ideas.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Terminator: Dark Fate, Escape from the Nursing Home.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile: Escape from the Nursing Home.

That's Terminator 7: Silver Alert

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:
Originally posted by ggile: Escape from the Nursing Home.

That's Terminator 7: Silver Alert

Big Grin Big Grin

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It was pretty "meh". Alternate timeline reload. Only the names are changed. Excessive mind-numbing CGI (although the flashback scene with Hamilton and Arnold was excellent). A few good lines here and there.

"I'm extremely funny."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Granted, I am not fully up on this one, I will admit. I don't know the premise, but how does a cyborg age? It just seems really ridiculous to me. Arnold is bad, then he is good, but whatever, shouldn't he always look the same?

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
T-800s are living tissue over a robotic endoskeleton, so it would age.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
It was pretty "meh". Alternate timeline reload. Only the names are changed. Excessive mind-numbing CGI (although the flashback scene with Hamilton and Arnold was excellent). A few good lines here and there.

"I'm extremely funny."

I saw it just because. I saw the last rocky movie also.

Was that flashback scene really part of a previous film? I don’t remember that happening.

I considered the slight possibility they shot that scene and set it aside just in case of a sequel some 20 years later but that’s giving them too much credit I think

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw it just because. I saw the last rocky movie also.

Was that flashback scene really part of a previous film? I don’t remember that happening.

I considered the slight possibility they shot that scene and set it aside just in case of a sequel some 20 years later but that’s giving them too much credit I think

I believe it was recently filmed CGI-enhanced. That's why I said it was very well done. I had to look twice myself. Too bad it was the best scene in the movie.

Flashback scene- spoiler!- someone dies

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
wow, decent cgi.

did they give furlong credit in the credits for his likeness?

never mind, looked it up.
they had Jude Collie play young John.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Needs a Terminator K9 model.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Milking the cow, even after it's long dead. Should have stopped after Judgement Day. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Milking the cow, even after it's long dead. Should have stopped after Judgement Day. Roll Eyes

What makes Linda Hamilton’s role in this film so bizarre to me is that when they approached her to reprise the role in, I believe it was Genysis, she turned the part down because she said she felt like her character arc as Sarah Connor was pretty well completed and wrapped up with T2. They should have stopped there, considering how the material has been handled vs. the potential the franchise had. Similar to the Predator series of films.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Milking the cow, even after it's long dead. Should have stopped after Judgement Day.

I disagree. After T2 came out, my buddy and I agreed that the Terminator series should've been a trilogy like Back to the Future or the first set of Star Wars movies (before all the prequel/sequels came out).

The third Terminator movie should've been directed by James Cameron and told about the future war leading up to the massive battle where the original Terminators get sent back through time and Reese and the "good" T-800 chase them to protect the Connors. Then you get closure on those storylines and it all loops back to the first movies. The end. No more movies. But, they dropped the ball on that one. Maybe that great trilogy completing third movie came out in an alternate timeline...

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
wife and I watched Terminator Genysis last night,

it was horrible,

I liked some of the special effects etc in the Christian Bale Terminator movie, but it lost me when he got a heart transplant in a field hospital, as in in a field,

the 3rd? one, with the hawt chick terminator was good,

question,,

why is John Conner different in each movie??

absolutely no consistency in how he looks or is played,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
oops Big Grin

Box Office: ‘Terminator’ Flops For Third Time In Ten Years As ‘Dark Fate’ Nabs $29 Million Weekend

quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Flashback scene- spoiler!- someone dies

Roll Eyes

I really hate when movie makers do this crap. It's like what was the whole point of the first two movies then?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me how Arnold could keep a dog in the movie? I thought they hated Terminators.

I thought this movie was okay. Definitely better than 3, 4, and 5. Was it better than Universal Studios' now defunct Terminator 3D: Battle Across Time attraction? Hmmm... I don't know about that. Maybe not.

This film did make me appreciate what James Cameron could create back in 1984 with only $6.5 million. That's like only $16 million these days.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
From the Babylon Bee: Big Grin

Desperate Humanity Sends Killer Robot Back In Time To Stop All These Terminator Sequels From Being Made

U.S.—Everyone agrees it is a bleak and hopeless post-apocalyptic hellscape we are living in nowadays. Not from the Trump administration or anything, but because of all these Terminator sequels.

There's a consensus that Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day were darn fine movies, but after that, humanity started to realize they were being destroyed by their own creation. When Rise of the Machines came out, some began to sound the alarm, though many enjoyed that one for some reason. But humanity realized we were doomed once they started spelling Genesys with a "y."

And with Terminator: Dark Fate, humanity was finally spurred to action, realizing too late that the actual dark fate is that we are doomed for a bad Terminator sequel every few years.

Desperate rebels have been working in secret, though, for a solution: a robot programmed to go back in time and stop those responsible for these movies. Holed up in a secret base at an undisclosed location, these brave freedom fighters sent off humanity's last hope through a time machine, desperately praying the ploy would work.

While the gambit seems to have erased all Terminator films after the second, unfortunately, it created a "time resonance cascade" scenario where we now live in a world with 17 Princess Bride sequels, each more terrible than the last.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post