SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Deadwood Quotes Thread - In Honor Of Deadwood: The Movie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Deadwood Quotes Thread - In Honor Of Deadwood: The Movie Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Another great one between EB Farnum and Al:

Al Swearengen: Lie the fuck back and listen I need your truthful reply. Lie, I will know it, and death will be no respite.

E.B. Farnum: I told Hearst nothing of Bullock and the widow.

Al Swearengen: I will profane your fucking remains, E.B.

E.B. Farnum: Not my remains, Al.

Al Swearengen: Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig.

E.B. Farnum: You told me not to tell him, and I didn't.

Al Swearengen: I believe you.

E.B. Farnum: My pain is such that gives me no solace.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Watching Season 3 again leading up to the movie. Some more Calamity Jane:

"Custer was a cunt. The end."

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Did someone say something besides "fuck"?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Did someone say something besides "fuck"?

They said lots of something besides "fuck." In fact: "Fuck" was one of the more civilized words often uttered. But "fuck" may've been the most frequently uttered: The Number of Fucks In Deadwood

Somewhere I think there are stats on all the words used.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Here's a interesting NYT article about how they had to go through stills of the show to be able to rebuild the sets as many of them were destroyed or modified beyond recognition for movies like Django Unchained and for series like Westworld.

Apparently everyone was so devastated at the cancellation and thinking that it would never return, no one thought to save any blueprints of the sets!

Rebuilding ‘Deadwood,’ Plank by Plank

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post