SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Deadwood Quotes Thread - In Honor Of Deadwood: The Movie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Deadwood Quotes Thread - In Honor Of Deadwood: The Movie Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Rather than clutter up the Deadwood movie thread with this, I thought I'd start one where people can post JUST their favorite quotes from Deadwood.

I'll start, my favorite pair were EB Farnum and Richardson:

"I caught you, Richardson! Stuffin' spitbacks in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty.' Is that your fuckin' attitude?"
"You hurted me!"
"Shhh! Wash and stack, shit monkey, or ready yourself for worse."

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Bullock: "Will I find you've got a knife on you?"

Swearengen: "I won't need no fucking knife."

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Francis Wolcott : This oatmeal looks old.

E.B. Farnum : It does, doesn't it? Richardson, Goddamn you! The oatmeal is clotted.

Richardson : Well, it's 45 minutes yet till the three hours.

E.B. Farnum : Stop spouting gibberish and replace the damned oatmeal.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ I absolutely loved E.B. and Richardson's interactions, and E.B.'s way of speaking in general.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Well, someone has to say it; might as well be me. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
Ellsworth: Goddammit, Swearengen, I don't trust you as far as I could th'ow you, but I enjoy the way you lie.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
Al Swearengen: You can't slit the throat of everyone whose character it would improve.

This one, though:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Bullock: "Will I find you've got a knife on you?"

Swearengen: "I won't need no fucking knife."

Straight from the bastard who pulled his knife when he was losing the fight Smile

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 646 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Swearengen. Also like Bullock and Dan Dority.

Joanie Stubbs is a treat. "let's go inside my pussy's getting cold"

Really no bad characters or miss matches in the show.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Al to Dolly-
Saying I like you hefty doesn't mean you couldn't stand to lose a couple of fuckin pounds.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Al Swearengen:

“Bad news or tries against our interests is our sole communications from strangers, so let’s by all means plant poles across the land and festoon the cocksuckers with wires to hurry the sorry word and blinker our judgments of motive.”

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
E.B. When he saw the Reverend going into Als.

Tit licker!!

Think it was Wu episode.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Motherfucker

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

“I am having a digestive crisis and must focus on suppressing its expression.”

posted Hide Post
Al to Joanie: Pardon my French (after dropping the 'F' bomb)

Joanie to Al: Oh...I speak French (sexy as hell)

Posts: 66 | Location: Boca Raton FL | Registered: April 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
I think this is my favorite from all episodes.

“Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you’ve got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man and give some back.”

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I love any quote that has Hoople Head in it. Especially when Al says fucking Hoople Heads.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild Bill Hickok:
You know the sound of thunder, don't you, Mrs. Garrett?

Alma Garrett:
Of course.

Wild Bill Hickok:
Can you imagine that sound if I asked you to?

Alma Garrett:
Yes I can, Mr. Hickok.

Wild Bill Hickok:
' Your husband and me had this talk, and I told him to head home to avoid a dark result. But I didn't say it in thunder. Ma'am, listen to the thunder.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The most epic conversation between Al and Wu:

Mr. Wu: Au. Ho... Heyan.

Al: And these two.

Mr. Wu: Bok Gwai Lo... cocksucka!

Al: Yeah, glad I taught you that fuckin' word. These are whites, huh?

Mr. Wu: uh, white cocksucka! (Pulls out dope bag)

Al: Two white cocksuckers killed him and stole the dope that he was bringing to you.

Mr. Wu: White cocksucka! You, Swe'gen (gestures to the bag and Al)

Al: The dope that you were gonna fuckin' sell to me?

Mr. Wu: White cocksucka.

Al: These two white cocksuckers? Who the fuck did it?

Mr. Wu: Wu!

Al: Who, you ignorant fuckin' chink!

Mr. Wu: Wu?!

Al: Who?! Who?! Who stole the fucking dope?!

Mr. Wu: Cocksucka!

Al: Aw, Jesus.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Calamity Jane made me laugh more than anybody else.

"I don't drink where I'm the only one who has any balls."

"You are not my target but keep fuckin' bothering me and I'll add you to the list."

"I burnt my fuckin' snatch."

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
In the Mr. Wu episode Al is having E.B. count the money for the bribes in Yankton sp? It's not so much as what Al says but the look on his face watching E.B., cracks me up everytime.

Al Swearengen: As damp as your hands are, why do you continuously lick your fuckin' thumb?
E.B.: Habit, I suppose.
Al Swearengen: Could you learn the habit of lickin' a fuckin' stump?

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post