Find
Notify
Tools

Rick and Morty Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
So, I don't watch Adult Swim. It always seemed like a bunch of nonsense to me. I found out about Rick and Morty by way of the thread A day in the life of a Public Defender.
I had never before seen these characters. I couldn't understand why the judge was portrayed as a kid and the defendant with spikey hair odd skin pallor and a gravelly (gravully/gravel-ly/whatever) voice.

I've now completed watching all episodes and while I don't agree with some of the more rabid fans who declare Rick and Morty to be THE GREATEST TV SHOW EVARR, I have to say that the show is in ways highly imaginitive and is laugh out loud funny at times.

The show is quite profane and really pushes the limits at times, as in the episode The ABCs of Beth. Some of you would be extremely offended by this episode, but taken as a whole, the show is a cartoon minor masterpiece, and strictly for adult viewers.

My favorite episode- Meeseeks and Destroy. Very entertaining.

There's a lot to say about the show but I wonder if we have any fans in the forum.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I as also very impressed with the show. It has great writing. The third season is coming soon. I don’t recall laughing out loud so often with any other show.

I’m Pickle Rick!!!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that seemed like a Hell of a lot of trouble to go through, just to get out of a family counseling session.

The premise of the show is that Rick is the smartest man in the Universe and has a device which allows him to teleport himself to other universes. He's also an asshole and kind of a dick.

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Great quotes in those scripts:

quote:
Rick: "Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you but what people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on science"

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
I did not find it until after season 2. Man was I hooked. The fact that a cartoon seems to take continuity seriously is a rarity. Plus the occasional guest voices are great.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I as also very impressed with the show. It has great writing. The third season is coming soon. I don’t recall laughing out loud so often with any other show.

I’m Pickle Rick!!!

Pickle Rick is a third season show. Season 4 is supposed to come out in November of this year.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Blips & Chitz!
Best adult themed animated show, maybe evarrrr.
The writing is strong it amazed me the 1st time through all of the shows.

I was hit or miss at first, but once I watched them in order there is a definite arc to the storyline.

Another good one is Big Mouth on Netflix.
Give it a few episodes.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love the part where Jerry chips the tomato into the cook pot, all the Meeseeks say "ooooooooh!" and the hostage says "What the fuck is going on??"

On the surface, it seems like pure nonsense, but the concept of a temporary entity who has to fulfill one purpose (and the possible consequences of being unable to do so), is brilliant.

"Meeseeks are not born into this world, fumbling for meaning, Jerry!! We are created to serve a singular purpose for which we will go to any lengths to fulfill!! Existence is pain to a Meeseeks, Jerry, and we will do anything to alleviate that pain!!"

From a cartoon, no less. Brilliant.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have friends who tell me I would like this but I have never watched. Maybe I should give it a try.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I love the part where Jerry chips the tomato into the cook pot, all the Meeseeks say "ooooooooh!" and the hostage says "What the fuck is going on

On the surface, it seems like pure nonsense, but the concept of a temporary entity who has to fulfill one purpose (and the possible consequences of being unable to do so), is brilliant.

"Meeseeks are not born into this world, fumbling for meaning, Jerry!! We are created to serve a singular purpose for which we will go to any lengths to fulfill!! Existence is pain to a Meeseeks, Jerry, and we will do anything to alleviate that pain!!"

From a cartoon, no less. Brilliant.

Pretty much the lot in life of a golf instructor dealing with high handicappers, forgot about that one. Awesome scene.

I like the Rick/Bird Person interactions too....

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I love Bird Person, now transformed into Phoenix Person.

Freakin' Tammy, huh?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Citadel of Ricks, doesn't multiverse theory dictate that there are an infinite number of Citadels of Ricks? And since the Citadel of Ricks contains all Ricks from all universes, doesn't that mean that there are an infinite number of copies of each individual Rick, when each Rick is supposed to be unique?

Try getting your mind around that. And, again, from a cartoon, no less.

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

I’m Pickle Rick!!!

Pickle Rick is a third season show. Season 4 is supposed to come out in November of this year.

Whoops. You are correct.

Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
This show has become a litmus test of sorts for me. If someone watches it and doesn't get it I pretty much don't want to know them..lol

I was watching the Beth and Jerry marriage counseling episode one night, and laughing/snorting loud enough to bring the wife into the living room to see what all the ruckus was.

She hates my kind of comedy and animated shows typically, but was laughing out loud within a couple minutes.

It's not one of those shows that has something for everyone, they are not pandering to the lowest common denominator with the writing.

--Riff Raff--

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
In the episode where they go to Blips and Chitz you can see a meeseeks helping a guy win a video game in the background.
Get Schwifty!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
One of the co-creators used a bit of his knowledge of Joseph Campbell to come up with the story arcs.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6082 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Old co-workers introduced me to the show. I think it's funny as hell.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
HUGE fan of Rick and Morty. In fact I am also a fan most of the adult swim line up. Saturday I dont watch Adult Swim as it's Anime night ...... not my thing. Sometimes it's good to sit back and have a good laugh.

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So I watched the first episode and thought it was a little slow until....

I can’t shoot them.
Don’t worry they’re robots
ZAP....AHHHHH MY LEGSGURGGLE. HE HAD A FAMILY!!
They’re NOT robots!
Well they’re bureaucrats and I don’t respect them.

That scene had me in tears.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So what network is this on or mainly YouTube?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post