SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What song(s) have you been listening to regularly for decades?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What song(s) have you been listening to regularly for decades? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Lots, but Paul Simon's American Tune since it came out in '75.

Several Steely Dan songs. Reelin in the Years. Aja.

Elton John Your Song.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
In Memory of Elizabeth Reed ("a song Dickie Betts wrote from our second album") Wink

Not a song I’ve listened to for decades, but when I finally discovered it - Wow!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:

It's Bad You Know - R.L. Burnside

GREAT song. Even though he’s gone, his music deserves a much wider audience.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
One song by Maynard Ferguson. I remember hearing it 20 years ago. I could almost play it out in my mind measure for measure. When I tried to find it I had trouble doing so. I finally found it. From MF Horn Three. The Love Theme From the Valachi Papers. Splendid song and arrangement. A second is off of Rush Exit Stage Left. Broon's Bane, The Trees, and Xanadu. Crappy recording but I still go back to it regularly.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Don't know how I overlooked it, but I've been listening to "Loan Me a Dime" by Boz Scaggs with Duane Allman since the early 80's.

posted Hide Post
a dozen of each
ZZ top,stones beatles,led Zep, hymns, boz scaggs, A.k.u.s., and disco

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
The entire "Dark Side of the Moon" album by Pink Floyd...

"The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" by Traffic.

Another vote for "Hypnotized" by Fleetwood Mac. (Love this song...)

"Grey Seal" by Elton John.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Seven Spanish Angels / Ray Charles & Willie Nelson.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Two of the groups that became “my” groups as a kid: The Police and U2.

For the latter, The Joshua Tree album is my favorite and most-listened-to.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Eric Clapton’s Mainline Florida...new stuff, The Dead South

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost anything by Ian Tyson or John Stewart.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Listen to the music, Doobie Brothers

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I can't say there is any song or artist that I listen to "regularly for decades;" I just like new music too much to dwell on the past. What I do though is kind of rediscover old artists and songs and kind of binge on them for awhile. For the last couple of weeks it's been Linda Ronstadt. I'll do that with Clapton, Pink Floyd, Motown, Bo Diddley, early Fleetwood Mac, etc. I get my fill, then go back to regular programming until something sparks another memory and I take another deep dive,

Posts: 13257 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
For me...

Doors - Riders on the Storm
Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
Simon & Garfunkel - Sound of Silence
Neil Young - Thrasher
Blind Faith - Cant find my way home
Bob Dylan - Its all right ma...I'm only bleeding

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Dionne Warwick
Ray Charles
Randy Vanwarmer
Chad & Jeremy
Herman and the Hermits
The Fortunes

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post