SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL Login/Join 
posted
I believe Alan may have mentioned this channel 570 on Direct TV sometime ago, but it was not on my lineup. It is excellent with a wide variety of topics from the Most remote inhabited island in the world to a story of the luxury trains,that travel South Africa, Norway and Australia. The narration is good and not annoying. It has the best of what the History Channel used to be with updated programs on the Apache helicopter. Take a look and post what you think.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I’ve had it for a long time. I love watching Aerial America. Lots of other good programming. They have many other good documentaries. They have gone total social justice. Haven’t really seen it reflected in their programming but I don’t spend a great deal of time watching them either.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I like it but am not a total history buff. I will DVR certain shows and watch as time filler. I scan through every evening to see what they have on.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have gone total social justice.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I had not noticed that. The Joe Namath Medicare commercials are annoying. I am learning a lot of things I never knew about a variety of topics. For so many years my learning has been limited to my profession, so this is a nice break.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy it very much. It reminds of what The Learning Channel was, once upon a time.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post