SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Remake your movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remake your movie Login/Join 
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted
We know some movies can't be remade. But suppose you could. Who would your actors and actresses be?
I'll start with Jaws.

Brody - Karl Urban
Quint - Jude Law
Hooper - Chris Pratt
Brody's wife - Vera Farmiga

Choose a movie and name your actors.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Apocolypse Now

Capt. Willard - Thomas Jane
Col. Kilgore - Daniel Craig
Col. Kurtz - Laurence Fishburne (big step up from "Clean" in the original)
Chief Phillips - Samuel L. Jackson
Chef - Logan Marshall-Green

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
MegaForce 2020

"Ace Hunter" - John Krasinski
"Major Zara" - Gal Gadot
"Dallas" - Katee Sackhoff
"General Byrne-White" - Alec Baldwin
"Professor 'Egg' Eggstrum" - Simon Pegg
"Duke Guerera" - Benicio del Toro

Directed by Michael Bay.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
MegaForce 2020

"Ace Hunter" - John Krasinski
"Major Zara" - Gal Gadot
"Dallas" - Katee Sackhoff
"General Byrne-White" - Alec Baldwin
"Professor 'Egg' Eggstrum" - Simon Pegg
"Duke Guerera" - Benicio del Toro

Directed by Michael Bay.

I would pay to see that. But with real uniforms instead of tights.

On second thought, Gadot and Sackhoff can keep the tights. Wink

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choices guys. I never saw Megaforce 2020.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:

There's probably a good reason for that. Here are some scenes from the original, for your enjoyment...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqCb_9ubQ1U

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, the original is just MegaForce. MegaForce 2020 is my reboot coming out next year!

Maybe...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LastCubScout,

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
After watching that segment... I wonder just how campy they can make the next one?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always enjoy The Final Countdown.

A modern version could be the new British aircraft carrier going back into time, Dec 9, 1941 Singapore. Right before the Japanese surprise attack on Force-Z, resulting in the sinking of Britain's major ships in the Pacific and opening up the entire area to Japanese occupation.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
If you could choose anyout throughout time?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Showgirls. Jennifer Connelly would play the lead.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow I think I've seen Megaforce on HBO a long time ago!

The Final Countdown with Britsh carriers is a great idea. Who's in it though? We need some current actors.

Benjamin Franklin

posted Hide Post
quote:
The Final Countdown with Britsh carriers is a great idea. Who's in it though? We need some current actors.

Colin Firth - Admiral
David Tennant - Captain of carrier
Andrew Lincoln - Air Wing Commander
Charlie Hunnam - embarked Royal Marine

Gary Oldman - Adm Thomas Phillips (went down with the Prince of Wales)

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
quote:

There's probably a good reason for that. Here are some scenes from the original, for your enjoyment...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqCb_9ubQ1U

Made my day. Haven’t seen in over 30 years. I’ll never forget that ghey blue scarf/headband. The last scene was hilarious with Barry yanking on the bars. It was a box office failure and I remember Team America making references to it. I saw in the theater and loved it as a kid. But watching it just five years later, was a total joke. The Road Warrior came out that same summer and got all the tickets. Megaforce bombed worse than anything in recent memory. Even Waterworld recouped their finally after many years.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
How can you battle "in every corner of the globe" ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
That's without a doubt the worst video clip I've ever watched.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
This is hard because my remake would be so much different than the original.

Go For Broke

Lt. Michael Grayson - Joe Keery
Elder in internment camp - George Takei

I'm not familiar with any Japanese American actors to play leads as soldiers. I thought about that guy that plays Sulu, but he's actually Korean American and is 47 years old.

I just really want to see this movie remade.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
That's without a doubt the worst video clip I've ever watched.

Man, you guys are cold. MF is '80s awesomeness! It's from Hal Needham, director of Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run, and Hooper!

South Coast Army & Navy military surplus shop in Newport Beach CA has one of the Megadestroyer fast attack vehicles parked outside, which I thought was amazingly cool.

Sorry, back to the thread.

posted Hide Post
Damnation Alley

Jake Tanner (Jan-Michael Vincent) - Chris Evans
Major Eugene "Sam" Denton (George Peppard) - Bruce Willis
Janice (Dominique Sanda) - Scarlett Johansson
Billy (Jackie Earle Haley) - Chandler Riggs

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post