SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Is it any good? How does it stack up against Skyrim? Can you play solo or does it require groups?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I have not played in a long time and I only played on PS4. I was most interested in PVP with the large scale castle sieges. I was hooked for a while. You can play solo. If you want the best items you will either have to find a way to make a lot of gold to buy it or join in groups for end game trials/dungeons.

If you are just a casual player you can do find solo as many sets and items can be farmed solo.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I've been playing for a few weeks, and it is very good. I've only played PVE so far.

The level of detail is impressive, and the world is vast and heavily populated. The graphics are amazing. Very well thought-out.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
You can play solo. It's tons of story. Things like going to get an item so the npc can talk about it 2 minutes then send you right back.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Tried it, and hated it. Lots of poeple running around and doing their own thing and quests, which do not affect you at all, but you see them.

I thought it sucked and got me 80 bucks refunded.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I tried it at release. It failed to grab me and I dumped it after a month or so.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I love Elder Scrolls. I loathe MMORPGs. I didn't even bother with ES:O.

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there was a setting that allowed me to block all online players so that they’re literally not there, I’d love the game. Other people are just a distraction.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Every time I read the title of this game I think of "Elder Berries."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Level 50! Still enjoying it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Tried it once. Way too much talking for me.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I prefer a SPG, and loved the ES's. I put an shameful amount of time into Skyrim Big Grin I tried the beta, but didn't really like it. That was along time ago though.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Still playing and finding new aspects of the game to explore. Crafted my first set. Played with a group. Still haven't even played in the alliance war yet.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
So much to do. Its huge. All the main quests can be done solo. There are a few parts that you may need a buddy for. I quit a few years ago and just started playing again and Ive missed a ton of content. It does get a bit boring when you play solo too long.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post