SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix original movie- How it Ends. Just released.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix original movie- How it Ends. Just released. Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Just don’t.

Absolutely horrible. There was a Sig 320 prominent though.

Should have just watched Ripper Street and not wasted two hours of my life

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I agree. The part about the Sig was the best part in the movie.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I suffered through half of it before giving up.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Made it through the whole thing. Really poor story.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
What they said.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I barely made it through half. Complete garbage movie. I loved the part where he got diesel cans from the train wreck to fill up his 3.6L gas Caddy.

The P320 was the ONLY good part.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I bailed a quarter way through (or maybe less) as it was a predictable script.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for a thread to show up on this. I pretty much agree with y'all.

It had a LOT of potential. Decent effects / production value.

But very poorly executed. So many ridiculous points as mentioned above.

--- semi-spoilers ---

The guy doesn't know how a gun works ? Anyone - especially a guy - who has EVEN WATCHED A MOVIE could rack the slide on a pistol.

Trains loaded with tanks and heavy duty military equipment - heading West - basically one day after the event?

The national guard mobilized and stopping interstate travel less than 24 hours after the event?

Stop at a deserted truck stop to search for supplies - we have one gun - let's split up !!

Total deserted areas - no one died - where are all the people?

Every time we stop the car to help - something bad happens. So let's keep doing it.

The fiance's Mom looked younger than she did.

Did I miss any or was pretty much EVERY SINGLE threat posed by an evil white person??

Roll Eyes

------------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig209,

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I watched bits and pieces while my wife was watching. Seemed like just a vehicle for exploration of the F-word to me.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had it on in the background while doing laundry and vacuuming. It didn't hold my interest other than watching the SIG.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Bad on so many levels.

And a total cop out ending.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
CRAP!!!!
was just getting ready to watch this.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Kinda made me want a caddy, that rig took a beating....

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
CRAP!!!!
was just getting ready to watch this.

Like someone else said, it had a lot of potential.

I would give it a 1/5. Maybe a 1/10. I would never watch this movie again under any normal circumstances. Everything it could have done to be good, it did the exact opposite.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fryedman
posted Hide Post
Watched it, disliked it. Kept hoping it would eventually have a decent story. Hated the end. No real explanation as to what was going on, nor why there was no radio or electric. Sheez, what a waste of a Saturday night.

Fry

"Without dreams, there can be no reality" "Service" your threat till it is no longer a threat!

Posts: 1194 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Try “The Outsider.” It’s post WWII Japan and Jared Leto plays an outsider than gets into the Yakuza. It was a good watch for me but I like Yakuza and Mob films. It’s a Netflix Original so I wasn’t expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. There is 20 something Japanese gal in it that’s real easy on the eyes too.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I thought it was an entertaining watch. I thought it was a series, so when it ended, I thought there would be more episodes. Woops. Pissed me off.

But of course, every time they come across a gun, they leave it. Dead "cop" with a revolver? Leave it. Dead guy with a shotgun? Leave it. Dead guy with a revolver? Take it and leave the empty Sig P320 behind. Shake my damn head.

And what's the diesel fuel from the train wreck going to do for them in their gasoline powered car? Crates, and crates of military supplies (machine guns,ammo, MRE's likely), let's take this worthless and unusable by us can of diesel fuel, and leave the rest of the good stuff.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Seems like 9/10ths of the Netflix produced stuff leaves you wondering why you wasted your time watching it, low budget,formula,content.
I'm VERY wary now about Netflix "entertainment" BEFORE I start to watch.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, it was crap. It was like watching only the middle of a movie. Lately I have watched a few movies like this and I hate them. It doesn't make any sense.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Surely producers have heard of "preppers?". Even a crazy one would know enough to make the movie more believable . Good lord. Don't know what is happening? Nope but I'll make sure my Jeep (the only cool thing other than the si g and the river deco in the movie) has zero supplies in it. At least "Will" didn t get himself jumped by surprise every time I thought he would.

15 minutes of decent entertainment. 45 more that should be been better. 53 that were easily recoverable with a little effort. Even some of the pitiful prepper fiction authors could've helped.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post