SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Blue Knight" (William Holden version)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Blue Knight" (William Holden version) Login/Join 
posted
I recently found this movie online and watched again many years after first seeing it on television. It felt like there were some things missing from the recent version I saw so I did some digging and found I was right.

The original movie was actually a tv mini-series that was 6 hours - so figure a 4-5 night run depending on commercials. The version I saw the other night was around three hours and was missing the one scene I most wanted to see - William Holden performing the night stick tricks for a few of the kids on his beat. I remember being in awe of how he made that piece of wood dance!

Unfortunately that scene and number of others that added to character and story development were missing. The 3-hour movie was still good but I know it was better so I went looking for the full version. So far I haven't found it (Amazon, e-bay, etc.) so if anyone here knows where I can get it I'd appreciate the recommendation as this is a movie I would like to add to my collection.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I had the entire collection of Joseph Wambaugh books. The books are better than the movies. I wish he was still writing them.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
It was good when I saw it years ago. The book was good also.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post