SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Man In High Castle Question - Neutral Zone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Man In High Castle Question - Neutral Zone Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Why is there a neutral or in occupied zone? Is it explained and I missed it. Is it a buffer between Germany and Japan? Seems odd neither would have the resources to control it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's a buffer between the Japanese Empire and the German Empire.

The buffer area runs from Canada all the way down to Argentina. And there's a similar buffer area in Asia running from Central Russia down through Pakistan.

From what I recall, the reasoning isn't explained specifically, but there are some allusions to it being part of a treaty or agreement between the powers. And you can tell that relations between the two empires are strained.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I always figured it was just to keep the two powers from having a shared border, in order to avoid conflict over it.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post