SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Magnificent Seven -- Which Do You Prefer?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnificent Seven -- Which Do You Prefer? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Having watched both movies over the past two days, I have a preference.

Question:
Which do you prefer?

Choices:

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive seen the 2016 one the most lately. Its been a few years since ive seen the old one. Id have to watch it again. But i really do enjoy the new one.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Older one.

While the newer one isn't horrible, the music/score of the Brenner/McQueen version makes it stand-out however, the gun fire audio made it ...interesting. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I voted for the 1960 one, but Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai leaves them both in the dust.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I voted for the 1960 one, but Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai leaves them both in the dust.

I agree.

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
The 1960 version is so much better. Better cast too.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The newer one... should not be.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I like Chris Pratt, but really? There is no comparison. The original, hands down.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Steve McQueen.

Need I say more?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the original, by Kurosawa.

The takeoff in 1960, The Magnificant Seven, wasn't bad.

The latest movie was ok.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the new one but some of it was filmed buy my friend's house in Jackson. LA

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
The new one was OK, however the original was much better. So I voted for the 1960 version.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Magnificent Seven -- Which Do You Prefer?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like both of them. They are different enough, except for the title that I, at least can enjoy them as two separate movie.

But, if I had to pick between them, it's be the 1960 one.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Steve McQueen.

Need I say more?

Yeah, who were the 6 other guys? Razz

I'm not a hardcore old western guy, but the original is one of my all time favorites.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Steve McQueen.

Need I say more?

Yeah, who were the 6 other guys? Razz

I'm not a hardcore old western guy, but the original is one of my all time favorites.

Yul Brynner, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn, Brad Dexter, and Horst Buchholz.

I am truly surprised that the new one didn't have a female or gay guy as one of the 7. Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I can't think of any remake I prefer over the original, including True Grit.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The older westerns,in my opinion, need to be left alone, as you can't usually remake a classic and have it turn out well. There is an occasional modern movie that was good as the original and one off the top of my head was "3:10 to Huma". I enjoyed that one.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The original was better. I enjoyed Ethan Hawkes character though. His was the best of the group.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
The opening scene, the hearse ride, brenner and McQueen took, spoke to me.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post