SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Audiophiles Wanted
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Audiophiles Wanted Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm sure my hearing is no longer capable of hearing very high frequencies, so the "sheen" of violins is gone. However, not everything "high fidelity" is frequency response. I think transients are also important.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I'm hardly an audiophile but love good music. I currently am running 2 set ups. In my home office,

Kenwood KR9600/ Sansui G9000DB
Pioneer Pl 540
Sony SACD player
Rogers Sound Lab 3600
Pioneer CS99a

In the family room,

Yamaha RX-A1050
Sunfire Theatre Grand Amp
Rega Planar 2
Samsung Blue Ray
B&W 600 Series
Def Tech powered subwoofer.

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought in to all the psuedoscientific stuff about high dollar power cables and stuff like that, but I take sound quality fairly seriously.

Because of having a wife and kids, I have a decent home system but nothing crazy.

I've spent more money on headphone stuff because I spend a lot more time listening with headphones.

I mostly listen on-the-go with JH Audio JH-16 or Roxanne IEMs. Sometimes straight out of my phone or computer, mostly with a variety of commercial and home-built DACs and headphone amplifiers. I also have and really enjoy a pair of AKG K501s and a pair of Sennheiser HD650s.

The JH Audio Roxanne IEMs are the single most expensive piece of audio equipment I've ever purchased (almost $2000). Totally worth it. They sound unbelievably good.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Acurus DIA-100 Integrated Amp
Acurus phono stage
Luxman turntable
Audio Research CD-1 cd player
Metaphor 5 speakers
NAD tuner

And no Shakti Stones. Big Grin

Posts: 701 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunfire TGR-3
Arcam CD-73
Sota turntable
Monitor Audio Silver 8's
...matching center, and rear surrounds

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post