Find
Notify
Tools

Spitfire Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Just watched this on Amazon Prime. Documentary on the design and history of the Spitfire with commentary from surviving pilots. Never understood why the Spitfire was held in such high regard. The Hurricane shot down more planes. The P-38, P-47, and P-51 were all faster and had a longer range. Then I watched this...

https://www.spitfire.film/?fbc...htQASGcBFKtHbLJsV2ww

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
"A Lady in the air, a Bitch on the ground".....going to have to see this.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the head's up, may give it a watch this weekend.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watched this last night, quite enjoyed it.
Thanks for the recommendation.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Watching it now, very good.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
The English really make great documentaries. I've always loved Spits, this film was fantastic.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it immensely! Always been a fan of the Spitfire but this film helped romanticize it even that much more for fans and curious folk alike.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yes, great documentary!
Sometime watch "First of the Few", the movie about R J Mitchell, designer of the Spitfire; about the first half is about the Supermarine Schneider cup competition planes. BTW Mitchell in the movie has a dog whose name can't be mentioned, it's a black lab. Big Grin

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
This is a very well made documentary with beautiful aerial scenery.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Thoroughly enjoyed this last night.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I loved the trailer thank you.
I also enjoyed the flying scenes of the Spitfire in the movie Dunkirk...

My Uncle flew P51s over Europe. My Dad flew Patrol Bombers and landed on Iwo Jima when it was HOT..and was off the coast of Japan flying 50 to 100 feet over the water blowing up shipping etc... and flew barrier patrol when Box Car and Enola Gay gave their offerings to Japan.

The spitfire has been a background picture on my computer at work often She is beautiful... in the sky... Smile

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post