SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A double bass quintet performs the Pink Panther theme
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A double bass quintet performs the Pink Panther theme Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
… and now for something completely different:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/SRIIO408ats

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Now the tune is stuck in my head but one of my favorites.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I enjoyed it. Double bass players have a much harder life than piccolo players.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Jim.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Nice!

The second guy from the left made me think of Steve Martin, who’s taken a couple of turns as Inspector Clouseau.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Most Excellant!

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
What did the Pink Panther say when he stepped on an ant?

Dead ant, dead ant...dead ant, dead ant, dead ant, dead ant, dead aaaaaaant...

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Thank you. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
For a comparison, here are all of the original players with Mancini at the piano:

https://youtu.be/jBupII3LH_Q

(They won't let me embed it.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Oh wow thanks. I was watching the original movie a few days ago. Awesome.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
That was great to watch!
Thanks. I watched one of the originals the other day as well.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
For a comparison, here are all of the original players with Mancini at the piano:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/jBupII3LH_Q

Embedded via link on karmanator site.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ffips,

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post