SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Longmire on Netflix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Longmire on Netflix Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
Really enjoying this show after just completing the first season the other day. I really like the cast and actually enjoy a show that isn’t so gritty and full of cussing and nudity for a change.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Yep, enjoyed it as well. I've been meaning to get the novels as well.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I watched Longmire after binging Bosch.
It took a bit to get used to each episode having a resolution, after being accustomed to the season long chase of Bosch.

Overall, I enjoyed Longmire & would recommend.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Yeah that’s partially why I like Longmire I think. They actually do resolve pretty much every episode with only a bit of continuing story arc (at least thus far) with what happened to his wife.

posted Hide Post
I liked it...but it dragged in later seasons and I limped along to the finale. Solid show.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I also enjoyed the series.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I loved it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We’ve been watching it. There are things about it that make me think, “WTEF?!?” We actually quit watching for awhile, then my brother convinced us to stick with it. The story lines are generally good. Most of the characters are pretty good. Still too many “Ahh-h nah-h” things—like Longmire’s private sun dance, tied to a 4” tree, but hey...

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Read a lot of the books before the TV series came out. A couple of the characters in the series were not as they were depicted in the book. Just had to get used to it. Still an enjoyable series. Glad that Netflix kept it going for awhile.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
The Longmire TV series is definitely one I enjoy revisiting, though overall I prefer the “universe” of the book series. The books can be both darkly serious and laugh-out-loud funny.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I know, it's TV. But I did notice that Walt consistently carries his 1911 hammer down.
Multiple shots of him drawing & thumbing back the hammer.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Very enjoyable pandemic binge viewing as well as the Expanse which I enjoyed.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Very enjoyable pandemic binge viewing as well as the Expanse which I enjoyed.

Really liked The Expanse. Looking forward to S4.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Really enjoying this show after just completing the first season the other day. I really like the cast and actually enjoy a show that isn’t so gritty and full of cussing and nudity for a change.

I don't particularly care about gritty and cussing, but I always enjoy female nudity. What show do you think is full of nudity? I might have to watch it.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
This is an excellent series. I'm happy you can watch all of them on Netflix. I'm disappointed they picked it up and ran the last two seasons and killed show.

If it was on season 9 now I think we'd still be watching.

No cheat watching!!

Enjoy!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Yes. The series slipped after Netflix picked it up. Nevertheless, we’re still huge fans and consider it some of the best tv we have seen in a while.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of Justified a bit, which is maybe why I like it some as well. It’s growing on me to see the lead actor as an older middle aged man who can still hang with the best of them. He has wisdom and thinks methodically unlike some younger more hot shot leads in other shows I’ve seen.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Longmire was one of the reasons I started using Netflix a while ago.
Great series.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched this, but heard good things about it besides what you guys have said. Think I'll give it a go soon.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I liked it, but started losing interest in the last season or two... Fine show overall.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post