SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    El Camino:Jesse Pinkman
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

El Camino:Jesse Pinkman Login/Join 
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching El Camino. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the end was entirely fitting for the Breaking Bad universe.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
What a shock and tragic loss to learn that Robert Forster passed away. I watched him in "El Camino" on Friday (the "Breaking Bad" sequel) and thought he gave a stellar performance. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
***SPOILERS***

It seemed to be the end of Jesse's story. There was closure, he'd faced some devils, came out alive and is now a different man who finally accepts he has control of his life. A sequel would destroy that. Not saying Jesse hasn't shown a lot of weakness with potential for more, I'd like to believe that's over for him.

I loved the ending. As the producers said: Breaking Bad is (was) about "change". Adding certain chemicals together causes changes and the mix of Walter and Jessie (like all the characters) changed them both in many ways throughout the series. In the end, I think Jessie's changes were good. He matured, mainly through the losses he experienced. The ending suggested that his future would be faced in an entirely different manner than he'd previously lived. It was optimistic and left (at least this viewer) those watching feeling optimistic.

Loved the shootout BTW! Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite scenes was Todd, singing along to Dr. Hook, on the way to burying his housekeeper.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
OK.

My Wife and I both loved Breaking Bad.

We were both interested in another taste.

She didn't know Robert had passed.

She really enjoyed it.

I thought it was a bunch of jerking off.

For most people, I think this is a great postscript. I think too much. I'd still recommend it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I finally got to it on a lazy Sunday yesterday.

I view it with a little bit of the same way I viewed Solo. It is probably a story I didn’t need told however what came out the other end was thoroughly entertaining.

Question, was that scene in the diner flashback new footage or was it from the original series. It’s been so long since I’ve seen the original. Everyone looked older so I am guessing new?

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

I view it with a little bit of the same way I viewed Solo. It is probably a story I didn’t need told however what came out the other end was thoroughly entertaining.

Question, was that scene in the diner flashback new footage or was it from the original series. It’s been so long since I’ve seen the original. Everyone looked older so I am guessing new?

Pretty sure it was new. Aaron Paul definitely looked older. That scene wasn't in the original, it seemed pivotal to Jesse reevaluating where he was and could choose to be. Probably Jesse's most in-your-face moment in this story of such moments.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

Pretty sure it was new. Aaron Paul definitely looked older. That scene wasn't in the original, it seemed pivotal to Jesse reevaluating where he was and could choose to be. Probably Jesse's most in-your-face moment in this story of such moments.

'Todd' definitely looked older, too, and a lot fatter.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Yay! More money for the local economy. And traffic. And BB tour buses.

I'll still watch the hell out of it.

I just returned from a cruise to Ireland, Iceland, and Northern Ireland (Belfast). Unbelievable how much the filming of "Game of Thrones" did for the local economies and is continuing to do through the tourist trade.

My brother, a geek like me, just got back from New Zealand and 15+ years later, the LoTR is HUGE in terms of tourism and shopping.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
One of my favorite scenes was Todd, singing along to Dr. Hook, on the way to burying his housekeeper.

SPOILER
My favorite scene was when Jesse went into the welding shop. The one crook learns his buddy didn't give him his 1/3. Then Jesse shoots the one guy with the gun in his pocket, and then the other guy, and walks out with all of the money.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m with Arcwelder. I was not impressed

Wilbur

Posts: 8 | Location: Wake Forest & Emerald Isle N. C. | Registered: March 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I cared about the character and as such enjoyed this. But by Breaking Bad standards, a much smaller and more limited story. Kind of goes with the territory of one "episode".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Count me in. I will resubscribe to Netflix just to watch this.

I got hooked on BB and watched the entire series twice; the second time just to focus on Walt's transformation.

I'm watching Better Call Saul now and it is really good too.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I enjoyed it, but I'm BB junkie so maybe a bit biased. The ending was fine with me. I kinda like it when there's things still ahead for the protagonist as he drives off into the unknown.

You really need to have watched BB in order to fully appreciate this movie. So many connections to the BB past would leave someone without BB knowledge not understanding the plot line. I'm sure that was the intent.

I'm with you, I could not get enough of Breaking Bad and have watched the series about 5 times.

I wasn't expecting it to be to as good as BB, which is OK, you can't hit home runs every time. I thought it was really good and enjoyed it and if you were a fan of BB, go ahead and give it a try.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Watched it today. Great movie? No. Good entertainment value? You betcha!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
I just finished watching El Camino. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the end was entirely fitting for the Breaking Bad universe.
Agree 1000%

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Jesse murdered the scientist. He should have either died or gone to prison.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched it and at the end, we looked at each other and each said the same thing,”well, guess that’s it.”

We were underwhelmed and we’re big BB fans.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. Enjoyable and a good addition to the BB story.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post