SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The worst cop/detective show ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The worst cop/detective show ever Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gotta love Adam-12 , and Dragnet . Nothing compares ... Smile

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Law and Order SVU.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

2. Pretty much any cop/detective show produced by Steven Cannell. Especially notable: Hardcastle & McCormick, The A-Team.

3. Castle. My wife loved this show. Other than the eye candy of the lead actress, I don't get it.

Cannell's shows were fun growing up in the 80s I was a big fan.

My wife and I loved Castle, fun show.

In my opinion you can't watch these older shows now days and expect them to be as good as you remember them. Some hold up but many don't and they are fictional shows meant for entertainment.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Comrade Detective. It was painful to try to watch. I couldn't get through the first episode of this turd.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Comrade Detective. It was painful to try to watch. I couldn't get through the first episode of this turd.
I'd never heard of this show. I looked it up. Interesting premise.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

As a satire, I thought Comrade Detective was pretty decent. I spent a lot of time in Cold War era Europe, so that may have helped in keeping me interested.

As far as the overall worst cop show, Cop Rock gets my vote. The one I personally couldn't stand that most people thought was pretty good was Cagney and Lacey.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Tubbs with his sawed off shotgun.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Major Crimes.

Posts: 15 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No love for Sledge Hammer! ? That show was great ( and terrible) because it was a complete farce spoof of all the other ‘serious’ cop dramas. It was just good comedy, not too heavy. Fun fact the female lead in that show Detective Dori was married to Michael Crighton for partsof 3 decades.

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have to nominate the new S.W.A.T. They have the team doing routine tasks, they may be doing traffic next week.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
a couple of oldies

Cade's County and McLeod

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
McLeod
Is that the one with Denys Wyvre?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
a couple of oldies

Cade's County and McLeod

McCloud was great.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quincy (or Queezy as Mad Magazine had it). What a bunch of liberal crap.

Miami Vice (or Miami Mice as Mad Magazine had it) was just flash - but it is the epic of the 80's. Vette's, boats, pet gator/croc and the Don Johnson look imitated by many in that era. You had to be there.

Barney Miller ++++ most accurate per many LEO's.

Adam 12 was pretty good. Helped me learn English as a kid. There were a few pro-serf gun ownership episodes. Not going to see this today.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by 4ftty4:
Chicago PD. My wife loves it. I want to throw a brick though the TV. It brutal.

Yep. Was about to say the same thing. Awful.

I watch it because I like the Sgt. The rest suck and wouldn't last five minutes in the real world. Especially the female detectives.

Tiny people! Like real tiny! I think the majority of them are 5'2 and 105 with the pistol belt & vest on.

Can't stand it... (but I can't stand most cop shows)
However, I do know the Technical Advisor/Director to the show (And Chicago Fire), Brian Luce. Without a doubt, one of the funniest guys out there. (He was a pretty good cop too) He does a decent job of "Say it like this" and "Don't do that dumb shit" on the set.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
McLeod
Is that the one with Denys Wyvre?

Smile

always wondered where he got that horse...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by 4ftty4:
Chicago PD. My wife loves it. I want to throw a brick though the TV. It brutal.

Yep. Was about to say the same thing. Awful.

I watch it because I like the Sgt. The rest suck and wouldn't last five minutes in the real world. Especially the female detectives.

Tiny people! Like real tiny! I think the majority of them are 5'2 and 105 with the pistol belt & vest on.

Can't stand it... (but I can't stand most cop shows)
However, I do know the Technical Advisor/Director to the show (And Chicago Fire), Brian Luce. Without a doubt, one of the funniest guys out there. (He was a pretty good cop too) He does a decent job of "Say it like this" and "Don't do that dumb shit" on the set.

I wonder if Brian can tell them that the real Police do not approach every situation with guns drawn as it's a felony stop. On the show they sure like to pull their guns out no matter how trivial the situation. I saw one episode in which they got all amped up over an unoccupied, parked car and approached as if Osama Bin Laden and his gang of forty misfits were hiding in the trunk.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TJ Hooker was pretty cheesy .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TJ Hooker was terrible - almost as bad as Shatner singing Bohemian Rhapsody.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post